missnout to missn out no more

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, im in Bowie Arizona found a great boondocking spot off I-10 its called indian bread rock. its BML land up to 14 day stay. I have finally realized that picking your water spot then go to your camp spot then STAY. This works a lot better than feeling like you have to hurry up and get their. My trailer sure is heavy don't ask what it weighs. I am leaving the over drive off and cruising at 65. My motor is awesome my tranny is not so happy. lol But y'all are right I have to slow my roll..

If you need rest at Tucson you can stay at Wally's on Cotraro, just north of the city. Take Cortaro left (under freeway), left at second light (Business Park), and left into Wally's.
All kinds of food within a block and its a 24 hr store.

IMG_20151213_130047_443.jpgIMG_20151213_130047_443.jpgIMG_20151211_172540_202.jpgIMG_20151213_103259_842.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151213_103259_842.jpg
    IMG_20151213_103259_842.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20151211_172540_202.jpg
    IMG_20151211_172540_202.jpg
    944.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20151213_130047_443.jpg
    IMG_20151213_130047_443.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 47
Wow!!! did I pick a spot yes its pretty but i have had sleet here in Bowie Arizona for 2 days off and on. I think I will pull out Wednesday if the dirt road looks dry enough. I am getting a little cabin fever not being able to go out for to long. Not sure when everyone is leaving Ehrenberg. I may just be seeing y'all in Quartz.
Has anyone else seen sleet or is it because im at the base of this mountain/ big rock?

O yea funny thing is the guy came by to change trash bags in this little area. He said "Did it sleet"? I told him ya look at the ground. It was covered . He looked at me and twisted his mouth and said Hmmm.

missnout said:
 Not sure when everyone is leaving Ehrenberg.

Although there is some coming and doing, people will be there until the RTR

No snow or sleet up here in Maine yet,,,,go figure !
But I've traveled from here to San Antonio in one constant blizzard so......
Bad weather isn't a great time to go anywhere. You've been moving at a good rate so far and the end is real close , no rush , just hunker down and enjoy the break from all your recent travels.It sounds like you're in a nice enough place. You're getting to be a road vet now !
When it clears up , the road will call to you back .
I envy all of you out on the road right now....
Happy Trails
Say hi for me to the gang when you catch up with them !

They got sleet in Phoenix today!! Kindof a freak storm passing all over the West. Fortunately it missed us in Ehrenberg. All we got was some wind and it wan't bad.

Be very careful of that road. Other than the maintained dirt roads, most of the roads in Arizona become impassable gloppy mess after a rain.

There is a risk of going to QZT now. There are Rangers there and they are enforcing the 14 day limit. Going to QZT mid-December runs the risk of coming to the end of your 14 days before the RTR and being forced to leave. I won't camp there in December.

For that reason, most of us will be here until just before the RTR.

Update regarding miss out, that's Lisa and her handsome son dusty and big dog arrived safe and well in Ehrenburg.

Thanks for the update dragonfly.
It's good to know they made it there safely with the resident tribe'ers to help out if needed.