missnout to missn out no more

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missnout

Reaction score
Today was take off. I walked out to the 10 acre pasture and looked around. Then, I had to turn around and say "dont look that way it may never be yours anyway look at what your walking away from". I saw a large double-wide going on 10 years so its soon to need something, and a shop that's all wood needing a little TLC. So I jumped in my ole truck towing a 26' trailer and started driving down the road. Well not good its bucking and dragging. So 10 miles down the road I pull in camping world and putt all my solar money down on a good tow system with anti sway control. 
 They will be putting it on first thing in the morning and were kind enough to set me up with a place overnight.
So I ran over to verizon and turned off the ex's phone,(do you think 6 months is to long to pay for someone elses phone)? Any who Im sure this will make a big difference in the tow. I will let you know. 
 Going to try and hit the Carlsbad cavern area for the next stop. I dont have a large water capacity so maybe I can fill somewhere before I park there.

Sounds like its time for a new life a new you. Enjoy the ride, rtr bound?

:D Absolutely what a great start to a new life. I am going to try and be a whole new me as well.

missnout said:
:D  Absolutely what a great start to a new life. I am going to try and be a whole new me as well.

This time, you get to chose just who you are without society forcing you to be someone else.
Bob

missnout said:
 So I jumped in my ole truck towing a 26' trailer and started driving down the road. Well not good its bucking and dragging. So 10 miles down the road I pull in camping world and putt all my solar money down on a good tow system with anti sway control. 
 They will be putting it on first thing in the morning and were kind enough to set me up with a place overnight.
So I ran over to verizon and turned off the ex's phone,(do you think 6 months is to long to pay for someone elses phone)? Any who Im sure this will make a big difference in the tow. I will let you know. 

Wise choice.  

See you at RTR.

Congrats!! :) Let us know how your adventures are going. :D

Been using sway bars for like forever, they work. Just found a brand new setup at the flea for 80 bucks. hitch bars and sway controller with chains.

Ok guy's, get this, I am at camping world and they put the hitch, tow bar and sway control on. I'm at the counter ready to drop my 500. on the counter. The guy behind the counter swipes his card and puts a hundred down for me. He looks at me and says Merry X-mass. Man can you believe!! what a blessing.
Then I am cruzzing down the Hwy. I noticed my tires look low, took a good 45 min to find the people at the truck stop so I could tell them their hose was leaking .So I had to pull around front and A gentleman filled my tires. :)  I don't think I will tell people what i am capable of doing , I like the help. "Where i used to live" I did it all.
Finding a place to stop was a little difficult, Being that its fairly large I cant just pull in anywhere. I want to start doing the dry camping but I cant fill up with water and travel to far. and not to sure on when to shut off a generator. I guess not at all if no one is around. But I would stay up all night worrying it will walk off. Guess I should get a nother chain. Any way, tomorrow carlsbad caverns. :cool:

How wonderful!

Knowing there are still good, caring, generous people around is worth so much more than the money!
Bob

ok i'm exhausted. i spend every moment looking for large gass station, or where to sleep. I guess if i stayed full of water it wouldnt be so hard. Man a tent was easier.

That has happened to all of us at one time or another.Best to plan on stopping early,then locating a place to stop.Hope you have a free campground book.If not just Google it.

missnout said:
Finding a place to stop was a little difficult, Being that its fairly large I cant just pull in anywhere. I want to start doing the dry camping but I cant fill up with water and travel to far. and not to sure on when to shut off a generator. I guess not at all if no one is around. But I would stay up all night worrying it will walk off. Guess I should get a nother chain. Any way, tomorrow carlsbad caverns. :cool:

When I first started out (~7 years ago) I would start looking for a place for the night about 3-4 hours before sundown.  After a while I got good at spotting places on a map (Delorme or Benchmark), so I didn't have to stop so early.  You'll learn.

I wouldn't think you'd have a problem gassing up at truck stops.

Guess I don't understand your "I cant fill up with water and travel to far".  Just carry enough water for your immediate needs if you are worried about weight.  I carry 7 - 10 gallons and it will last me a week.

Generator noise can carry far, so please, if you can help it don't run it all night.  And yes, if you are leaving it out you need to lock it up.
-- Spiff

Missnout - if for now the majority of your travelling will be on interstates then here's something you might fin helpful

https://www.thenextexit.com/about.html

It's available as a hard copy, online and as an app for your phone.

When I drove a 35' class A plus trailer, I wouldn't survived without it. When you're 50' in length you don't guess as which way to turn at an exit and you definitely want to know what gas stations you can fit in. It shows everything from restaurants to Laundromats.

Definitely worth the price but only if you're mostly using interstates.