meeting others

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhonda

Reaction score
Hello People!  I live in Hampton NH.  I am in the process of planning my life on the road next June (2019).  Haven't found a van/bus to purchase yet but am hopeful I will and also looking for someone near me that has a similar fever to share the travel bug!  Looking forward to my future and hope to meet many of you to exchange experiences  in this way of life.

Welcome Rhonda to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

hi Rhonda, welcome!
i spent summers at Hampton Beach when younger and now camp at Salisbury all the time.

also in a holding pattern until ~2020 when all my ducks figure out where the line is and go stand there.
would be happy to chat, dream, scheme with you :)

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Rhonda to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  highdesertranger
Thank you so much!

Hello Rhonda; I'm new here also!  I wish you all the best on your new journey.  I find myself about to experience homelessness for the first time in my life.  It's scary, but the thought of meeting so many great people alleviates that fear a lot.  Having someone share the travel bug with you is a great idea!  Hope you find someone you get along with and fills the journey with great memories.

Welcome from an X New Hampshireite ::) used to live in concord, pennacook, boscawen, salisbury....

getting ready to hit the road this fall myself... 

looking forward to watching your progress

JT

Hi Rhonda. I'm in North Central MA and getting back on the road in October. I don't have much free time as familial responsibilities keep me keep close to my mother's home.

Be patient looking for a van. The rust factor in the New England area makes it tough. It took me 2 years to find my van. It spent its first 12 years in California

Shoot me a pm if I can encourage and enable.

Good for you and hold on to that thought, there is a learning curve and a lot of questions can be answered right here, welcome.

Hello tav!   Though Saturdays are my long days I wanted to reply to you and look forward to chat, emaiils, and share a sit at the beach sometime.  Everyone here have been so welcoming and encouraging and warm.  I am so happy I found cheaprvliving.  I feel I can do this more than ever and my fears are normal my doubts lessen.  Lets keep in touch especially since you are right down the road.  I live at North Beach! Rhonda

All of you opening your arms has been quite a welcoming surprise!  I look forward to hearing about journey sharing and hope I will have a few of my own to share with you!  Thank you.  Thank you.  Rhonda

Welcome to the forum! I recently took the plunge about 3 weeks ago. It is hard to find people to meet and talk to once on the road. More importantly I found no difficulties with the mechanics of living out of a vehicle BUT other less frequently discussed aspects really came in to play that I ignored to some degree while planning. So I'll try to enumerate a few from my experience in the past 3 weeks.

Timing. If possible jump in about a month before a big meetup like the RTR. Its been 3 weeks for me and I have at least a few questions for the experienced nomads. There's a meetup in CO in 2 weeks and I'm seriously considering attending it.

Managing time. I found it very difficult to locate my next stopover on my way west. It took a while to choose for various reasons. BTW I left RI to get out west. You'll find Walmarts and rest areas are about the only choice until reaching Nebraska, Dakotas, etc.

Finding out what you want to do with all the time you now have on hand. Some like to start YouTube channels, or work odd jobs to fill time, and some can just sit back relax enjoying the lifestyle.

Hope your plans are a success!

Rhonda said:
Hello tav!   Though Saturdays are my long days I wanted to reply to you and look forward to chat, emaiils, and share a sit at the beach sometime.  Everyone here have been so welcoming and encouraging and warm.  I am so happy I found cheaprvliving.  I feel I can do this more than ever and my fears are normal my doubts lessen.  Lets keep in touch especially since you are right down the road.  I live at North Beach! Rhonda
Hi Rhonda -
 I lost track of this thread..will PM you!
t.

Hi Rhonda!
I joined the forum yesterday and just saying hello. I’m not from the NE. In Colorado at the moment. Maybe I’ll see you on the road someday!