Looking for Tribe to camp with near Phoenix area

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Confetti

Reaction score
Aloha peeps!
I'm looking for Tribe or anyone who's going to be boondocking in the Phoenix area in late February (I'll be back in Phoenix on the 22nd or 23rd). I'd like to not get too far from the Phoenix/Tuscon area. (Quartzsite, Yuma & Ehernburg is too far.) 

I'm social, but I like to keep to myself a lot. I work on the internet, and that keeps me busy. Also I need a strong Verizon signal so I can work.
I have 2 small dogs that adore people. We have our own little fenced yard. I like to cook and eat, and sometimes drink wine. But I'm a non-smoker.

Hoping to meet up with someone or Tribe so I don't have to camp all by myself. I'm also nervous about going down long unknown dirt roads and getting stuck and can't turn around, lol. Thanks!

Aloha,
Lisa

Confetti said:
Aloha peeps!
 I'm also nervous about going down long unknown dirt roads and getting stuck and can't turn around, lol. Thanks!

Aloha,
Lisa

Aloha!
I don't have any help with the Phoenix area, but I thought that I would chime in on the road issue.

I camp with a truck and cargo trailer in dispersed camping areas.  First I scope where I want to go carefully on Google Earth. Then if I haven't been there before, and I am not sure about the road or conditions, I find a place close to the area where I can easily unhitch and park my trailer for an hour or two and explore in my truck first.  That way I can find good areas to turn around, camp, and scope out other things about the area.  

Another thing that I carry is an InReach Satellite communicator for insurance in areas that are away from cell service.  

Good Luck! 
Cindy

GeorgiePorgie said:
What is "tribe"? :s

Tribe is what Bob calls our group or community of nomads. Watch his videos. He explains how even introverts need to feel belonging and welcome within the Tribe.

Come visit honeys this spring if you get up this way. Winter skipped us, no snow warmer weather. Love to meet ya

Honeys Park said:
Come visit honeys this spring if you get up this way.  Winter skipped us, no snow warmer weather.  Love to meet ya

Thanks for the invite. But what does advertising your Park have to do with boondocking in Phoenix area?

Not a thing. Saw you wanting tribe.  Wanted my own. I'm a person not a business.  Honeys is free.  Seemed an odd reaction for a personal invite.  I get it if you thought it was an ad, it isn't.

Honeys Park said:
Not a thing. Saw you wanting tribe.  Wanted my own. I'm a person not a business.  Honeys is free.  Seemed an odd reaction for a personal invite.  I get it if you thought it was an ad, it isn't.

Due to the odd reaction we can consider my offer rescinded.  I was interested in meeting you and I'm a huge dog lover so the two dogs intrigued me as well.  I do much better face to face and find the internet makes everyone so easily to offend and just isn't worth it.  So I apologize for the perceived advertisement, and doubt we'd be compatible as friends so enjoy your life.  Scar

I'm not in the area, but I did stay at Saddle Mountain enroute from last year's RTR.

https://freecampsites.net/#!2777&query=sitedetails

I didn't go to the specific access point listed here, but used my DeLorme Atlas to find another road into the same public land parcel.  There was a bit of trash, but otherwise nice, with some great views.

There are lots of spots on freecampsites near Phoenix.  Personally, I am cautious camping near bigger cities, especially in good weather, as your risk of a random negative encounter goes up.  That will vary considerably by City and area and I don't have enough knowledge of Phoenix - but I've never had a problem there. In general though, the farther the better. If you are working you might explore a bit further out on your weekends when you want a bit more relaxation. I don't have any rules on in-town safety vs. near town, I'd let my personal comfort be my guide.

The whole concept of 'tribe' is being misinterpreted here.  There are small groups of people that are very tight, but I think the majority of us are more loners who do enjoy running into people.  It won't take long to learn who is long term and who is just vacationing, the vast majority of both are great people.

Honeys Park said:
I do much better face to face and find the internet makes everyone so easily to offend and just isn't worth it. 

More true words were never spoken.

Some of the good ones make it still worthwhile though.

Would you settle for a couple of old farts with a cat and four dogs in their class A?

Invite us and we will graciously accept.

Yo Scar,

After looking through your website photos I have two questions...

#1 anybody been shot lately?

#2 and most importantly, is that an MGD you're drinking:)

Hi Scar,
Sorry I was rude and assuming your Park was commercial, since most of them are. I need to find boondocking specifically in the Phoenix/Tuscon area, since I can't drive my van very far right now.
Aloha!

I'm in Apache Junction in a small RV park. There is some boondocking between here and the Superstitions, as a blog I follow is camping out there. If you need help with anything send me a PM. I'll be here until late March.