Camp with Bob: Jan 28th - Feb 3rd

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvwandering

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm posting this for Bob Wells. He is inviting everyone to camp near him at the old RTR site from Jan 28th - Feb 3rd.  This is a casual get-together, not associated with the virtual RTR. It also is not an in-person RTR or associated with either HOWA or CRVL.

The following is an extremely edited segment of the transcript from the Nov 18 YouTube Live Feed.

"I am going to go and camp in the area around the exact place of the old RTR. 
I'll be in the area  if you want to come and camp and meet me,
meet more of us, and get together with other nomads of like mind who are oriented along the way we are.
 I'll be there but I'm gonna go hide. I still am not able to be around that many people all at once.
I have to go hide. I just gotta protect myself from all that energy.

I will be there at least a couple of hours a day every day.
 It's January 28th through February third.

There will be no RTR
The goal is putting people together - no classes, no organization, zero.
The goal is to meet each other - absolutely no association with homes and wheels alliance. (or Cheap RV Living)
 Absolutely no organization, no coordination, no activities - no organization but people camping.

I won't know most of you. I'll know some of you but I won't know most of you.
I'm going to practice all the policies. You don't come within six feet of me. I'm gonna wear a mask.
I hope you'll wear a mask. You know I just think that's common courtesy and decency

Wear a mask don't get near six feet. I'm not hugging you. I'm not shaking hands with you
 I'm gonna follow all the standard CDC guidelines."

What would be really fun would be to hire a dozen or so Bob Wells look a likes sorta like an Elvis convention! Lol!!!

bullfrog said:
What would be really fun would be to hire a dozen or so Bob Wells look a likes sorta like an Elvis convention! Lol!!!
I think it has truly been too long since you have seen Bob. For your sake I hope the madness is over by then so you can fish together or something. I am looking forward to sitting in my lawn chair and doing nothing.
  -crofter

I feel like a Bob Wells look-alike on steroids. I did just get a haircut but my beard is long still. I’m only about 100 to 150 pounds heavier than him. Maybe you could count me as two Bob Wells. Does that make me better than him - ha ha Ha.

We don't know where the RTR was, 2021 would've been our first opportunity to be there. We're currently in Cali, heading to Southern Cali and AZ, and NM soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks rvwandering, most helpful! Does that Camping fee still apply and is there someone stationed there to collect? Or is it online only due to the pandemic?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

the location in the video is free camping. you need a permit but it's free. the LTVA's are the ones that charge. the location shown on the video is 14 day free camping.

BTW if the host is not there I wouldn't even worry about the permit, but I would get one as soon as they arrive. if they are there and the flag is not up they are closed, please don't bug them come back when the flag is up.

highdesertranger

Permit?? Do I need to get a permit before I show up or can I get one when I arrive?? First time out west.... Have been using the National Forest In Florida and nobody has mentioned a permit yet.
Thanks for any info

The permit is free. If you have the bandwidth watch the video and Bob shows you where the sign-in station is located. It's on the road tp the RTR site. If the American flag is raised stop otherwise don't worry about it. You can catch them when you go to town.

Bob's video today with detailed directions:
The old RTR site is almost empty. Missing all of the people and commotion of the RTRs - hope next year we can have one in-person again!