Landrover re-configure, in closing Speculation....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaky roof

Reaction score
Morning everybody.

A big thank you to everybody who viewed my project posts, I sincerly hope that there was some info that I was able to pay forward. :cool:

For a number of “global” reasons, living a “free life” in SA would be very difficult. That being said, I do know of a few who are nomadic, (I’m sure there are plenty other’s that I’m not aware of) but as far as I know everyone moves from campground to campground.

To get oround our issues my intention is to stealth camp at night but move out each day, unless I want to stay for a day or three, then I'll make use of a local campground.... very different to what you guys do. (14 days on the trot not stealth, free-living)

BUT... (and here is my speculation).

If my set up / build / project was in America, and was the platform for nomadic free living, how would you rate imy rig's chance of long term success? What would you change?

Sitting here in South Africa, I can only speculate that, If I included my pop-up shower / toilet shelter and either my 5Lx5Wm army tent or my 3Lx3Wx2.2H meter chopper tent, I think I would be OK..

My pop-up shower / toilet screen, anchored to my slide out frame for changeroom / shower / toilet. I've got several different alternatives for a toilet, Cassette / cat-hole / plastic bag & composting.... My preferance is the cat hole...
bloem 2016 it'l dodat covered.jpg

MY 5M X 5M Army tent that, even at the ripe old age of 61, I erect & break down alone..
bloem 2016 pitch 5x5 awning and shadenet sides up.jpg

My 3M x 3M x2.2M high Army Chopper / dome tent. (it has spring steel poles), double thick groundsheet and military spec canvas. The cammo print is done with the sublimation process
Tent dome awning 01.jpg

But for here (in SA) should I change from touring to static (say for a day or two) My canvas awning or my SUV shelter would be quite adequate....

SUV Shelter not a high quality product, doubt it would stand the wind, but it packs up small and does the job in mild conditions....
shelter suv near side.jpg

My canvas awning
awning overview.jpg

Good or bad, Please, you post in and let me know... It's all good thanks.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• bloem 2016 pitch 5x5 awning and shadenet sides up.jpg
    bloem 2016 pitch 5x5 awning and shadenet sides up.jpg
    831.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Tent dome awning 01.jpg
    Tent dome awning 01.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 3
  • shelter suv near side.jpg
    shelter suv near side.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • awning overview.jpg
    awning overview.jpg