Land for all

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Carlin Trend has been a very rich producer of gold. It is low grade and takes heap leaching to recover it. There is more to mineral rights though than microscopic gold.

If someone owns the mineral rights to your land... can they come on your land any time and start digging?

Dennis said:
The Carlin Trend has been a very rich producer of gold. It is low grade and takes heap leaching to recover it.  There is more to mineral rights though than microscopic gold.

Yeah, I was thinking they would be using cyanide leaching and not using mercury for the small stuff.  Mercury is just nasty.   In fact I didn't think they used mercury (in this country) any longer.  Just the safety things you'd have to do I would think would be cost prohibitive.

Riverman said:
If someone owns the mineral rights to your land... can they come on your land any time and start digging?

HDR could probably answer this. 

I would think though that it would be too expensive to recover the gold.  With all the regulations and such, I doubt anyone would want to invest the money on recovery.  I mean, they haven't mined it for the last 100 plus years, so to think they would now that it becomes an RV park, I just don't think it'll be an issue.   The environmental regulation nightmare of being right next to an RV park, just nobody would want to open that can of worms.   It would be expensive and full of regulations.  There are better places for gold out there than to go after microscopic stuff on land with RVs on it.

The listing I mention above was of OP's first pic, and it has since been removed.  It was for a 40 acre plot for 18K.  I'm so done with this thread.

^^^^wasanah2

What do you mean "it has been removed"? I checked 30 sec ago and it's working.

Edit - or did you mean the pic?

~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

AMGS3 said:
^^^^wasanah2

What do you mean "it has been removed"? I checked 30 sec ago and it's working.

~angie

Oh good.  Tried it again and it's back up.  I had an error message.  Wanted to take a screenshot to remind myself not to be so gullible. 

Hey I'm looking at seashore property around Quartzsite. They even have a yachtclub in Quartzsite...what more could a fella want? 

shore.jpeg

Attachments

• shore.jpeg
    shore.jpeg
    36 KB
tx2sturgis said:
Hey I'm looking at seashore property around Quartzsite. They even have a yachtclub in Quartzsite...what more could a fella want? 

Rub it in, tx2sturgis.  If I remember correctly, you were the first one to raise eyebrows on this.  I suppose you deserve to gloat a little.

Got room for a feral physician? Retired, but I can still be somewhat useful in a pinch.

The Dire Wolfess

Moxadox said:
Got room for a feral physician?  Retired, but I can still be somewhat useful in a pinch.

The Dire Wolfess

Yep, some wounded pride hanging around in here, Moxie.

Hi all, I just read through the entire thread and I'm a little confused. LHD, is this legit something you're doing? If so, I truly wish you the very best and would love to somehow be part of it. I wouldn't be interested in being in Nevada all year - I've had enough of hot humid Pennsylvania summers and want dry temperate weather! But to trade a place to drop anchor for some kind of work, that would be amazing. I'm still in my planning stages and have my goal set to be hitting the road debt-free in 3 years time....so, if you keep us all posted, I'd love to be a part of your endeavor. Thanks!

IAmMine1967 said:
Hi all, I just read through the entire thread and I'm a little confused. LHD, is this legit something you're doing?

The short answer to your question to LHD is "no."  He was messing with us.

Moxadox said:
Bahaha!  Seems to be going around....

The Dire Wolfess

Some of us might need a vaccine for extreme naivete.  I'm first in line.