Land for all

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigskybob said:
I don't want anybody like me living close to me.

You know I feel the same way!! lol people like me scare me.

I checked out the property it does have very good access  and pretty close to town with a super Walmart ! I am heading to Nevada to check out the 39,900 acres now in my kickass rental car! lol a gmc arcadia.

well I spent a day riding around the 39,900 acres on the present owners gator I made an offer $321,000 kinda a lowball but its been for sale for 4
+ yrs I don't think he had any offers yet. if he takes it its $8 an acre! his asking price was $24/acre. having title search and such done now.

Is that Nevada property a big alkali flat? Sounds....cheap. Per acre that is :)
Lot of discussions on here about your same idea. Don't know if you can make it work or not but what the heck... put me down for a possible labor hand. I might want a place to set up from time to time. Depending on the place and weather/climate.

Well it is just north west of Elko 2 miles off 225. They came back @ $16/acre I countered with $9.50 firm now were waiting. I have a land company doing deed /history search there was gold mines south of there so I'm unsure of any old mines/rights. I have come to two want now far from Mexico border and no bee able to see any man made lights at night. or structures during day. and a state were gun laws are very loose.

Doesn't sound like 'cheap rv living' to me!

But if you will subdivide, I might be able to buy 5 acres.

Lessee: 5 acres times, $9.50.

Yeah I can probably swing that.

:D

well I kinda want to have a secluded place to spend some time doing upgrades/repairs to my rig I am probably going to up grade to a skoolie after awhile in the bread truck. depends I am def thinking of opening it up to others as a option to blm land. I even thought of kinda rv/trailer park with really low rent like $10-20/month for an acre. if I can get water there maybe a dumping station etc. ande that way if there any a$$holes or trouble makers I can ask them to leave or bury them in the desert! LOL

I vote for burying them in the desert

Oh wait.... I don’t get a vote [emoji12]

Yeah bury them...don't let them get away. Seems like there was a member here that was trying to sell some small acreage in that area a while back.

I'm interested for sure, we are presently hunting land in Colorado and New Mexico. Finding unrestricted land is not easy.

Wow, such a great idea.  Land is something they aren't making more of these days. 

Is there any chance you can get mineral rights too?

86 the troublemakers. Eight miles out and six feet deep.

losthighwaydrifter said:
well done deal as long as the title seach comes back ok.

So exciting!  Hope it all comes out OK.  Do you get a cell signal out there?

Well, I heard back from title agency. so far mineral rights are owned by a 100 yr old now defunct gold company. so there going to try tracing that see if I can get them. I did have Verizon signal for part of my wanderings around on the property with no booster or extra antenna. water is still in the works 1 guy said maybe in that area. And 1 said no. I got verified funds letter from my bank for the purchase at $399,000 just waiting for final report from title search.
Only "codes" the county office told me were septic related to perm building. and fire restrictions.

losthighwaydrifter said:
Only "codes" the county office told me were septic related to perm building. and fire restrictions.

Permanent buildings?  Oh this is good.  You can set up a dump station and just have one system for many.  Cool.

I'd HOPE to get those mineral rights if you can.  Hope you'll persist on that.

Did you take any pix of the land?