Just arrived in Quartzsite this evening (11/17)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKarmaVan

Reaction score
We arrived in the dark and are parked somewhere within the BLM land that this year's RTR Meetup will be. We're going to be wandering around once it's light out. 

PM me if you're interested in meeting up and you're nearby. We're in a 2003 Chevy Express with Texas plates, a MaxxFan and solar. 

Looking forward to spending some time here. :)

I should be there in a day or two with a duck in tow. ;)

just let it be known that if a ranger sees your rig it's day 1 of your 14 day stay. the reason a lot of people stay in Ehrenburg

14 day limit in quartzsite, ehrenburg is no limit, plus better shopping

technically there is a limit in Ehrenberg to, it hasn't been enforced in the past but that could change anytime. just a FYI. highdesertranger

Yes. We are aware of the limit. We're planning on staying for a few days then heading to Cali and returning again for RTR. Just letting people know we're around and friendly is all.

jimindenver said:
I should be there in a day or two with a duck in tow. ;)

I'll be in Quartzsite next Tuesday morning.  Can someone post the GPS coordinates or some other landmark where others are parked.  I've been to Qsite a hundred time, but always on my way to California so I just know the Pilot truck stop exit.  I'm a female traveling solo and concerned about getting lost or in a pickle getting stuck (Class C's are notorious for getting stuck).

Ms Daisy said:
I'll be in Quartzsite next Tuesday morning.  Can someone post the GPS coordinates or some other landmark where others are parked.  

Hi Ms. Daisy,

We are also two females traveling together so feel free to join us (not that males aren't welcome). I'll PM you my number and you can message us when you arrive. We'd also be happy to send GPS coordinates of where we are on Tuesday or meet you at the pilot truck stop. Let us know what works for you. :)

We are east of Tucson now but will likely just pass through the Q on the way to Ehrenberg tomorrow.

I expect to be in Quartzsite/Ehrenberg on Thanksgiving (forbearing continued mechanical issues) and was trying to decide whether to try to find "the tribe" - any potlucks being planned? Or whether to check into a park for a week just to get my bearings. I have a solar panel but haven't had a chance to do a whole lot of testing of my set up on the trip from the east coast. It does work, just feeling wobbly still about the whole boondocking thing, and I too have a Class C and don't want to get stuck. Jim, my flashed 3g has been amazing so far (not sure how it will do there) but super happy with the recommendation. Anyway...any thoughts...I just know I am so ready to be around people again - LOL.

TheKarmaVan said:
Hi Ms. Daisy,

We are also two females traveling together so feel free to join us (not that males aren't welcome). I'll PM you my number and you can message us when you arrive. We'd also be happy to send GPS coordinates of where we are on Tuesday or meet you at the pilot truck stop. Let us know what works for you. :)

Thanks Karma!  I'll look for your message and and will keep you updated on my travel.

bobblefrog said:
I expect to be in Quartzsite/Ehrenberg on Thanksgiving (forbearing continued mechanical issues) and was trying to decide whether to try to find "the tribe" - any potlucks being planned?  Or whether to check into a park for a week just to get my bearings.  I have a solar panel but haven't had a chance to do a whole lot of testing of my set up on the trip from the east coast.  It does work, just feeling wobbly still about the whole boondocking thing, and I too have a Class C and don't want to get stuck.  Jim, my flashed 3g has been amazing so far (not sure how it will do there) but super happy with the recommendation.  Anyway...any thoughts...I just know I am so ready to be around people again - LOL.

Hi bobble

Will you keep me posted on where you are on Thanksgiving day?  I'd like to meet you.  I'm stopping in Qsite on Tuesday/Wednesday for a day to get my bearings for RTR (my first) and hopefully meet a few others from this forum, then go to Ehrenburg for a day, then I'm due in the dunes to meet up with friends for Thanksgiving dinner.  I prefer to be around others as well so know how you feel:)

Ms Daisy said:
Hi bobble

Will you keep me posted on where you are on Thanksgiving day?  I'd like to meet you.  I'm stopping in Qsite on Tuesday/Wednesday for a day to get my bearings for RTR (my first) and hopefully meet a few others from this forum, then go to Ehrenburg for a day, then I'm due in the dunes to meet up with friends for Thanksgiving dinner.  I prefer to be around others as well so know how you feel:)

Thanks Ms Daisy - hopefully I'll be in Quartzsite (or Ehrenberg - all depends on the drive that day).  Sent you a PM.  I hope we get to meet!

I had to leave Quartzsite for a bit. I got myself good with a box cutter and I'm healing up before I come back for RTR. Looking forward to finally meeting some of you though.

TheKarmaVan said:
I had to leave Quartzsite for a bit. I got myself good with a box cutter and I'm healing up before I come back for RTR. Looking forward to finally meeting some of you though.

Oh dang - ouch - hope that heals quickly!!!