INTJohn's Winter Truk Livin' 4 '22-'23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You very seldom come out ahead restoring a boat rather than replacing it once one has been water logged or sinks. The cost, labor, equipment and skill to get it on a trailer to fit it alone maybe worth more than the boat as the entire interior usually needs to be replaced and restored. Even renting a pad to store and work on it yourself here at Lake Powell last I checked is $100 a day. Storage in an area you are not allowed to work on it in is cheaper but still $2 a foot of length per month.

Boats are holes in the water into which the owner throws money.

10 Dec ‘22 Somewhere near Vero Beach, Fla

Hmmm, now that I’ve circumnavigated about 75% of the continental United States; almost 9500 miles of travel. Miles I was going to travel anyway but must admit it’s occurred qwicker than I initially anticipated……… 🤷‍♂️ well I get to spend more time enjoying Florida Beaches & weather while beach combing.👍

Had shell collection goals when I left as follows:
Fighting Conchs
Sea Biscuit
Queen Helmet
King Helmet
Milk Conch
Atlantic Murex
Channel Whelk
Unknown
And have already accomplished finding 5 of them. YEAH!

Pix to follow
intjonny boi bch bum bummin

Pitchur tyme:
B6AB6B40-A42C-4970-A40D-806B08C962DA.jpeg
Above: shells found at Fernandina Beach that I gave away……

FB1EE8CC-783C-475A-A809-D2B245091ECC.jpeg
Above shells I kept. 7 different species in that pik. Channel Whelk, knob whelks, lightening whelk, fighting conch, pear whelk, Atlantic murex and far right is a horse conch. Beautiful shells, beautiful day at beach and!
jonny boi livin the beautiful lyfe.

Attachments

• E2A0796E-C533-47D1-945D-A60E83246BDC.jpeg
    E2A0796E-C533-47D1-945D-A60E83246BDC.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
283B699B-96F4-4A7C-ABD2-28C7CE1F8F9E.jpeg
Mom & the triplets trippin across the beach parking lot. I’ve always had a fondness 4 rakoonz……..

0620AB8F-49B3-4E82-850D-5DD5BC241BDC.jpeg
Beach Wrack. Found this stuff within 100 feet on the beach. Clockwise frum 1 o klok: an immature Cowrie, sea bean seed covering, deer cowrie, a tun shell, lightening whelk, another deer cowrie, a pen shell part, center a dolphin vertebrae and upper left corner is sea grass.

Fun beach finds
intjonny luvin the beach explore

Found all these things on the beach but one of them does not belong with the others……
CA851632-E022-4C53-9A17-17CF1D8FC3C5.jpeg
On the black is some sea glass with various shells ; upper left is a Babies Ear shell;
Below those are 2 Hamburger Sea Beans; lower center are 2 Deer Cowrie shells and just above the left cowrie is a letter olive shell; kool stuff eh? above the olive shell are 2 golf ball sea beans and far left lower 3 items are Sea Heart sea beans.
The extreme upper left is the one that doesn’t belong with the others: a wave polished lava stone I found on the Oregon coast when I was there weeks back.

jonny boi always finding kool kool stuff. yep

Good thing I’m left handed, so left is right! Lol!!!

If you ever get a wild hair to travel the country on another route and can take advantage of the glut of boats on the market today, I'll mention the "Great Loop". (and if you're around the keys for a starting point come spring)

The Great Loop

Should you find a deal on a small Cabin Cruiser that's in good shape and suitable to operate by yourself it may be the next big adventure. Such a boat with a folding eBike for transportation to Gym's like "PlanetFitness" or Laundromats etc could enable such a journey.
And....you could just cherry pick the links of the Loop you would want to travel. The Atlantic side offers the inner-coastal waterway from Norfolk to the Keys, and if you started from the south end of Lake Michigan you could travel south on the river's current to NOLA.

A 23 to 25 ft may be manageable for one guy. (example in link)

25 ft Cabin Cruiser

Just a thought if it generates any intrigue for you. :)

17 Dec ‘22 Somewhere near Fort Pierce, Fla

Have been having a very enjoyable & edifying time this past week in the Fort Pierce & Vero Beach area. Taking my solitary beach hikes exploring & searching for whatever interesting stuff the Ocean tosses on the shore.

Frum Sebastian Inlet to the North Jetty Park. Yep enjoying my life……
A lot of positive vibes & energy for my life. Peace & Health ; Exercise and Great Beach Environ. Sea birds & beach animals that together we live Lyfe on a beautiful beach.

intjonny boi luzsha baybee alway have alway will

Pitchur tyme:

2D27B701-68DE-47F9-BA7D-85E02D30E0EF.jpeg
Above & below a Milk Conch found on _________ Beach. Finding a decent Milk Conch is one of my beach shell finding goals and while this one is wave worn and not much color….. it’s a keeper. 👍🏼
86965861-D204-436B-903A-6469A1AE4FA2.jpeg

More on the way prolly yet 2day
intjonny

2dayz Pitchur tyme; part deux
1416D1F6-B4F2-40A0-A926-FCC60A8F840F.jpeg
Above & below: This is the Atlantic Murex shell I’ve been hoping to find! What a beauty! Perfect form and not wave worn. Immaculate spines and gorgeous color. Decent size too over 4 inches long.
5012A66B-F087-4927-8299-932ED4993C38.jpeg

What a fortunate find……..
jonny boi with another great beach day

23 Dec ‘22 Somewhere near West Palm Beach

Blizzard Elliot has buried my summer forest place near Lake Michigan in lotsa snow…..

My inside info says Santa is wearing University of Michigan maize & blue colors this xmas:

1671837971793.jpeg

Go Blue!
intjonny luzsha baybee alway have alway will

Yes it was so cold even as far south as West Palm Beach that iguanas were dormant to the point of falling from the trees.
A368CED4-50D9-4C8A-907F-039B6BE830B9.jpeg
86479641-BEB9-4CF9-8ABF-F6DBA89FD1F5.jpeg

This 3 foot long guy I almost backed over as I was going to park in this place and spotted him. I picked it up and placed it near the trunk of the tree it fell from so it wouldn’t get skwasht. Happy Warm it wants as I’m sure Christmas is meaningless to my reptilian friend.
jonny boi savin the kritters

3 Jan, ‘23 Somewhere near Stuart, Fl

The cold cloudy rainy weather of xmas weekend departed by the 28 Dec and I migrated to the North abit; back by the Vero Beach / Fort Pierce area.

Yesterday Purchased a new Fla State Park annual pass: 65ish$ Good till 31 Jan ‘24.
Laundry and stock up on a 28 day food supply are also on this weex 2do list.

Am now beginning to head back south as night temps cool slightly and ETA Keys arrival is first of next week.

Jonny boi surviving the holiday 2 weex of “tourists covered with oil”………barely

7 Jan ‘23 Somewhere near Riviera Beach, Fla

The heat & humidity that moved in after the Xmas weekend cold has now moved on being replaced with very comfortable weather. Blue skies, mid upper 70’s by day; low to mid 60’s by night.

Holiday vacationers are all but gone and jonnie boi is enjoying my beach solitude with perfect weather. Am on skedjule to be back in The Keys Sunday eve or Monday morn. Y not?

intjonny livin tooo good

13 Jan ‘23 Somewhere On Marathon Key, Fla

Returned to the beautiful Florida Keys last Sunday eve; 8 Jan. Have spent the week enjoying the weather , the sunshine, etc.

Been kayakin & snorkeling in the gin clear waters looking for shells & enjoying Life.
Spent Monday & Tuesday on foot searching the low tidal exposed coral reefs and Wednesday, Thursday & this morning kayakin & snorkel diving for shells. Made some great finds, too.
54B83EA0-AE5B-4912-BB2F-672B219EFD82.jpeg
These 2 awesome flare shell Queen Conch shells; found 2 also that were alive so returned them to the water.
Also had a Keystone Conch shell divers experience that left me laughing at myself when I inadvertently capsized my kayak while attempting a dive for a shell. Never got to the shell as I was too busy trying to retrieve some gear and my coffee cup that was all floating away. Hilarious event. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

More to come.
jonny boi livin too good in the Keys