I think I just bought a bus!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Mother of Pearl that is a NICE rig!! Best of luck to you! Total newbie here hoping to making it to RTR in an RV Van. Do you drink coffee? I want a coffee date in this beauty!

Absolutely! I am converting part of the beastie into a dog/cat grooming salon. I am an insomniac so anyone want to come chill my door will be open.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk

More pics of "My Beastie".
e2620aeedc808d3984b226e2d38ff057.jpg
225521e85bedc4800cdf15aedde543cd.jpg
c1995351e9576d65087f66ffd52be132.jpg
f3404f7d0067685c29cf11a2b212bed7.jpg

Do I seem like I might be in love?

Gypsy Clipper said:
... I am converting part of the beastie into a dog/cat grooming salon.

This is way cool!

It will quite likely pay for the lifestyle and you will meet lots of people...

:)

Gypsy Clipper said:
 I am converting part of the beastie into a dog/cat grooming salon. 

I'm sure my boy Max will be due for a groom, what a great idea!

That's nicer than my apartment! Did you sell your Silhouette* already?

When is your hopeful arrival date to pick it up??? This really blows my mind!!

It's the nicest place I've ever actually owned too! I haven't sold Sophie(the Silhouette). I'm still living in her. Just counting down the days until I head to Colorado to pick up "The Beastie".
Was originally planning on fixing a few problems with the Silhouette and driving her but decided I really don't need the headache of a tow vehicle. I'm going to see if I can't find a ride for my fuzzy buddy Calvin and myself . I was thinking about rideshare on Craigslist but maybe I can find another nomad heading west. He's too old to fly and he's a bit retarded so it was stress him way too much.
I know this seems impetuous but I have been houseless since October 17,2015. It was karma that got me my windfall to hit the road. I had been trying to decide what to do with myself because I had lost my job/house/boyfriend in April and I came back to Illinois to camp out in a friends yard while I figured out where to go next. I'm a dog groomer and a retired semi driver so I had options. I just really didn't want to be in Illinois. I got a letter from the company I retired from letting me know they were considering a lump sum payment of my pension. I didn't even know I had a pension so this was news. I had cashed out my 401k in 2005 and through a series of bad decisions I ended up homeless in 2015. Of course I was excited and accepted the offer but up until the check shows up you really don't know if it's real. Having spent April until now planning out my next move I have everything in order. Just implementation is what's going on. I never thought I would be able to buy something like this bus in my life. I have seen them all over the country and this one fell into my lap. She is 100% perfectly road ready and she even comes with a hundred gallons of diesel. Her former owner is working on getting solar panels installed before I get there. I will do the conversion of the bedroom into my grooming shop but other than that she's totally complete.

Wow.. I'm sure you deserve every bit of the excitement and happiness to come! Hell, I'm happy just to see you get it!

Sounds like you have a bit of time to find a ride, that's helpful. If you're not getting responses with that, open a new thread just for that.

Craigslist for a ride? huh, didn't know that was a thingy!
I'm sure riding with a member here would be more fun, comrade* and all.. I bet that will happen for you.

Thanks for sharing your neato story.. I just love it, gives me hope for myself too! I'll be watching closely!

(check your message box, never know who/what might be there)

Gypsy Clipper said:
I got a letter from the company I retired from letting me know they were considering a lump sum payment of my pension.

{snip}

Of course I was excited and accepted the offer but up until the check shows up you really don't know if it's real.

This is great news...the whole story is amazing...just a consideration here.

On large check deposits it can take 10 business days, about 2 weeks in real time, for large checks to clear. It may not seem like much time, but dang....the days sure go by slowly when you are wanting and needing those funds for something immediate.

I'm on day two of the hold. It comes off on the 28th. The man I am buying the bus from is absolutely a saint. He is doing all of the upgrades to the bus before i come out. I gave him a letter of credit from my bank stating that I do have the funds but they won't be available. I have been a Nomad so long I hadn't had a bank account since the IRS wiped me out a couple years ago. I was reluctant to open another account but it seemed a little dumb to be walking around with all of my money taped to my body(smile).

I forgot to say I got the check already. Needless to say I had already done most of the legwork on finding The Beastie but I did have to get the seller to come down a bunch before she was in my budget.

Ah ok...so my comment was kinda redundant anyway....hey when I first saw your screen name I just naturally thought of a big sailing ship....but now I know better...

Great name for the bus and the business...'Gypsy Clipper'....I bet you already thought of that too!

:D

As I've said. I had been sitting here in my van since April figuring what I'd do IF the money was real. I'd originally found a skoolie but the help building it became a huge issue so I thought it was time to rethink the plan. I was just going to use a little of the money and live frugally but I have been doing that for two years and I figured if I don't invest in myself who will?
I did pretty much this same thing except I built a house with a dog grooming shop attached. My marriage went south and my house got taken. So here I am 12 years later with another windfall so I'm doing this 100% myself so if it fails I have no one to blame but me.

Gypsy Clipper said:
"....and I figured if I don't invest in myself who will?

wink.gif
  What a great opportunity for a contact high all around, Gypsy!   Your "Clip Joint" is a beauty. 

You'll no doubt have a plethora of visitors from the "nix the sticks n bricks" crowd---lining up around the block to fill their lungs with the delicious roomy scent of your clip joints' vast interior.

Did anyone do a pre-purchase inspection for you?  Is this a Craigslist find?  When time comes, I will likely find an out of town rig & wonder about the ways to deal with the details.  Do tell more.

One caveat, don't assume anyone you encounter through this forum is a boy scout.  Use common sense.  Stay safe, & keep posting info & pics! 
Crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly for you & your "rolling zipcode."
(Thanks Brian, for your dependably witty one liner...)

Cheers,
Charlotte