I think I just bought a bus!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't yet arranged a ride, you may want to post over at schoolie.net with pics and your request. It's a forum that's mostly focused on schoolbuses, but there are people into transit buses who frequent that forum, and you might get some bites. A lot of nice folks very knowledgeable about buses there.

There's another forum for people who love buses of all kinds, but I'm not sure of the name or url.

Not yet. Still waiting on the check to clear. In the meantime he gave me the news that he was reposting it and I haven't had any luck getting a ride. All is well and apparently the bank said to call Thursday around noon to see if it cleared. Apparently the pinhead teller that opened the account can't add anyway. It actually isn't set to clear until 10/2. Hopefully Thursday is the earliest. I told them I really needed the money sooner so we shall see.
Obviously the guy I was trying to buy the Beastie from isn't the most honorable guy on the planet so it's probably for the best.
Having lived a very minimalist life in a minivan for two years this added time is helping me to decide what is really important in my upgrade.
I'll post the update Thursday but I have a fairly solid shuttle bus close by that is my next "great idea". So star tuned.

Do you have the funds to offer a hold? I'd do that if I could...

Gypsy Clipper said:
Having lived a very minimalist life in a minivan for two years this added time is helping me to decide what is really important in my upgrade.

Yes. Tequila now.

Bus later.

I hear ya babe....

:D

Well the big bus fell through. Now I think I have got this one. It's only 2 hours away and I can go pick it up tomorrow or the next day. For 1/3 the price of the Beastie from Colorado.
2004 International 3200 Shuttle Bus, 24 PASSENGER BUS, 23,500# GVW, AIR BRAKES, DT466 DIESEL ENGINGE 215 HP, ALLISON AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, NO-SPIN REAR DIFFERENTIAL, INTERNATIONAL AIR RIDE REAR SUSPENSION, ALUMINUM BUDD WHEELS, 500# BRAUN WHEEL CHAIR LIFT, FRONT IN DASH AIR CONDITIONING, THERMO KING REAR ROOF MOUNTED AIR CONDITIONING
0c21b27421b9953fc0abf17087737aa0.jpg

That one is nice too....it most likely wont have a separate generator but probably does have extra heavy cabling and extra batteries for the chair lift...or maybe a PTO and hydraulic pump.

DT466 is a good motor...should be able to go about a half million miles....how many miles are on it now?

318,000 on it now but he just had all new injectors put in. He was using it for a party bus and taking people to ball games. He just doesn't have time anymore. I most likely will remove the wheel chair ramp. I may put in a big window there and use the back section of the bus for my pet grooming.

Gypsy Clipper said:
 I may put in a big window there and use the back section of the bus for my pet grooming.

:D :p :cool: :dodgy: :dodgy: :dodgy: :p :D  ..checking my pockets, junk drawers, under the mattress, in the freezer.....

to gather all the good vibes I can find and sending em' your way Lady.

$5000 for a vehicle like that? Is this another wild story?

Tomcor said:
 Is this another wild story?

Hey, Tomcar. please post a link to "other" wild stories  to ease my irritated sensibilities  :p