I think I just bought a bus!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been a semi truck driver when there was no such thing as girl drivers. I have 2,000,000 verified safe miles. I never assume anything. And I am taking the seller at his word for the condition of The Beastie. I am getting such an awesome deal on her that if it's less than I expected I have enough wiggle room to fix what needs fixed. Plus I have been living in a dead 2001 minivan for 6 months. Anything is better than this. Plus as long as I get her to Arizona where there will be plenty of time and help to fix anything that's not right.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk

Thank you. I appreciate it. He was supposed to have taken that down. I hadn't had a chance to check it. Looks like I may not have a bus.

He says it's still mine. We will all keep our fingers crossed he's not a lying douchebag.

Wow....well thats why that waiting period on big checks is aggravating...

I mean, you have the money but you really don't...I went thru that recently.

There will be others if this one slips away...

He tells me he's a man of his word and it's still mine but I bid on it to cover my ass.
I had been talking about it with him for a couple days. He had said he took it down but apparently because he did it with less than 24 hours it still stands. I've had super good karma so far. Hopefully it holds. He's at a broncos game so he's a bit busy. So we shall see how it shakes out.

There is another in Colorado and one in Chicago. I just like this one the most. Easiest to put graphics on the side for the biz.

WOW!

Take the Bus and leave the driving to us....er...umm...I mean ..Gypsy!

:D

Probably the least expensive and easiest is to go Greyhound and Uber.

Greyhound...ironic huh? Taking the bus to go get a bus...

Congratulations. Now the work on getting it home. Wish I was in your city, be glad to run you up.
Keep us posted please.

Mike R

I'm heading to Arizona when I get it. Not ever coming back to the shitty state of Illinois. The only reason I'm working on a ride is because I have a slightly retarded old dog and putting him on a plane or a bus is just not an option. I have two potential rides and ten more days to figure it out.
Getting a one way ride to Denver is actually pretty easy. I've done it twice this year. Just this time I'm not turning around. I only ran out for weed the other times. Now I can just stay in Colorado and smoke up that pretty interior. Yippee!

The door will be open after I get finished grooming dogs. Anyone wanting to come over, enjoy a beer and chill is welcome. There's going to be an Xbox and a huge TV inside and a projector outside playing movies on that white siding. I'm going to have to run a generator so I'm sure to be out of earshot for those that prefer quiet. I am also quite respectful of peace and quiet so movie time ends at 10 and it becomes a chill place to hang out. Looking forward to putting faces with all the names.

So glad to see this deal go through....It was getting a little iffy there for a few posts !
Hope you find a good reliable ride to pick 'er up.
And then.....................................
Happy Trails To You!

(or , should I say Happy Tails To You ????)

Well...sounds like a plan!

I was out riding today, and we have a bus reseller here where I live. I saw these two buses and thought about this thread.

So I stopped and took a few pictures. They are 'sleeper buses'...used at sporting events to provide sleeping quarters for sports teams on the road.

They look pretty rough...

IMG_20170918_092747.jpg

IMG_20170918_092806.jpg

IMG_20170918_092921.jpg

IMG_20170918_092911.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170918_092747.jpg
    IMG_20170918_092747.jpg
    105.5 KB
  • IMG_20170918_092806.jpg
    IMG_20170918_092806.jpg
    101.3 KB
  • IMG_20170918_092921.jpg
    IMG_20170918_092921.jpg
    106.9 KB
  • IMG_20170918_092911.jpg
    IMG_20170918_092911.jpg
    101.7 KB
Gypsy Clipper said:
I am shoring up some details but as far as I know I have upgraded from my 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette to a castle on wheels.
I look forward to getting on the road and heading out to meet all of my nomad heros in the flesh.
I will post more as the details shake out.

WOW!!
:heart: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :heart:

I always wondered what kind of pretentious asses drive these things. Now I know[emoji48] !

GypsyCipper*

what are you going to be able to bring with you on 'the ride' besides 'calvin'. ?? just realized that's gonna be
an issue ~ or not~ depending... just curious like it's meh business or sumthin....