I have taken the plunge!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protryon

Reaction score
I bought my 2005 Ford E-150 last Friday, and am commencing the build tomorrow. I got it at a great deal, $2900, because the guy had a really high list price and I haggled him down over email while no/few others responded. (I recommend this strategy!) It runs great, recently rebuilt transmission, but disgusting cargo area. The cleanup will be very interesting!

Does anyone know how to remove the interior panel plastic rivets? I was gonna rip it apart, but I might want to reuse them and I don't want to close that door.

I can't believe I've actually done it. It's a dream come true, literally. Now for the fun part!

Congrats on the van, got a pic??

Only way I've gotten rid of plastic rivets in the past was drilling or using a razor knife, others may have a more elegant solution.

congrats pics we need pics. give us a couple of pics of the plastic rivets. highdesertranger

congratz! depending on the rivets, either side cutters or a special tool

Congratulations on that first giant step :)

Can you get replacement rivets/fasteners?
I bought a pack on amazon, expecting to destroy several.  So far I haven't busted a single one.  Cheap insurance, apparently.

I got the rivets out with a tool from an auto parts store. A little U shaped pry thing. Now I need to deal with these metal bolts holding a tool rack in -- that seemingly cannot be removed. I'll post that in a new thread though. I'll upload some pictures tomorrow when I get home.

I wanna say there's a YouTube video on that... I think it's paired with repairing the door cables??

I bought this to remove the plastic fasteners used to attach the engine and wheel well splash guards on my vehicle back in January. The tool worked like a charm. The handle seems kind of cheap. It reminded me of a cherry lollipop.