I finally got a van and it's an ex-FBI spy van with a periscope!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to look at it as well, but its gone, the FBI must have moved it to spy on somebody else.

I think your Van is down the block spying on me, I see a WIFI network that says 'FBI Surveillance Van'. HEHEHE

Bet the FBI saw it and wanted their gear back! Never buy a government surplus river patrol boat with two big boxes on the front deck as it will get you in trouble, as in belt fed mini gun and ammo! Lots of times stuff doesn’t get removed that should have been. Crazy government don’t you know! Be sure what you are getting when you bid. An M1 might be a riffle that you want but when the lowboy shows up with a M1 Abrams tank storage can be a problem.

bullfrog said:
Bet the FBI saw it and wanted their gear back! Never buy a government surplus river patrol boat with two big boxes on the front deck as it will get you in trouble, as in belt fed mini gun and ammo! Lots of times stuff doesn’t get removed that should have been. Crazy government don’t you know!
Lets grab that mini gun, go to the range and have some fun!!!!

Actually while docked on the Arkansas River about two blocks from the federal building in Little Rock it was activated and about took out an old bridge abutment. FBI was there to confiscate it before the shell casings cooled off! Guess it woke them up!

I watched the miniguns on an Apache fire when I was in the Army, HOLY SMOKE that thing will lay done serious firepower!!!!

Freelander said:
I think your Van is down the block spying on me, I see a WIFI network that says 'FBI Surveillance Van'.  HEHEHE

Lol. Here's aa new link:

bullfrog said:
Bet the FBI saw it and wanted their gear back! Never buy a government surplus river patrol boat with two big boxes on the front deck as it will get you in trouble, as in belt fed mini gun and ammo! Lots of times stuff doesn’t get removed that should have been. Crazy government don’t you know! Be sure what you are getting when you bid. An M1 might be a riffle that you want but when the lowboy shows up with a M1 Abrams tank storage can be a problem.

No, nothing like that...here's a new link. I'll keep this one up.

That is pretty sweet, nice score!
I'd love to check the interior out and all the extra doo dads.
Let me know the next time you're in the DC area...

Thanks!  Will do....I actually lived/worked in the DC area for a year. If I ever get back for a visit, I will look you up.

Giggles said:
I actually lived/worked in the DC area for a year. If I ever get back for a visit, I will look you up.

Then head down the road to the FBI headquarters at Quantico,VA. Maybe they could fill you in on what all was in your van.

Or tell you if your van was used in any high profile cases.
Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but would be cool to know if your van helped stop the crime of the century!

Did you your fav search engine it at all?
Doesn't look like they come up for sale very often.
Here's this one you can peek at, some good interior pics.
https://fordauthority.com/2020/08/former-fbi-surveillance-ford-e-series-van-is-up-for-sale/
And in general
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...&ved=0ahUKEwiir5W3p8XtAhVHrFkKHTypCLMQ4dUDCA4