Howdy everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miyaksue

Reaction score
:)  It's sunny and quite hot in FL.  Not particularly fond of summers here but what can we do, it is what it is.  I'm trying to upgrade my solar setup and hoping to get some needed technical advice.  I'm sure I can contribute to the forum as I am mechanically inclined and into renewable technologies.  God bless.

Welcome Miyaksue to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Sea breeze is on the coast...inland can be sweltering in summer. There is usually a thunderstorm every summer afternoon to cool things down, though. Florida is nice for 5 months or so each year, so when I retire I plan to be in Florida those 5 months and up near the Great Lakes or migrating for the rest of the year.

where in FL do you live ? I live in south GA north of tallahassee FL I really like north FL but it is hot in the summer

Welcome to the CRVL Forum :)

I'm sure you will find many like minded members here and solar power is something we tend to have great interest in. So don't hesitate to ask questions.

Hi said:
Welcome Miyaksue to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. 

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi and thank you!  Gotta make it down here sometime said:
Welcome to the forum, Miyaksue ... I've never been to FL... is there no seabreeze?

Indeed.nice plan for retirement. said:
GypsyJan

Sea breeze is on the coast...inland can be sweltering in summer. There is usually a thunderstorm every summer afternoon to cool things down, though. Florida is nice for 5 months or so each year, so when I retire I plan to be in Florida those 5 months and up near the Great Lakes or migrating for the rest of the year.

jwhite said:
where in FL do you live ? I live in south GA north of tallahassee FL I really like north FL but it is hot in the summer

Hi.  I live in south Florida.  Oh J, I assume you are familiar with the FL springs in that area.  Such unique places!

eDJ_ said:
Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

I'm sure you will find many like minded members here and solar power is something we tend to have great interest in.  So don't hesitate to ask questions.
Thank you e!  Sounds great, definitely looking forward to it.

I live north of Cape Canaveral and work in Orlando. Hopefully the weather will start cooling a bit (upper 80s instead of upper 90s) in October. South Florida has the best winter weather.