How do you vote when you're a full timer?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd need a residence address, some mail forwarders provide one

Absentee ballot in the same state you have your driver's license, vehicle registration, etc.  The physical address you gave the Department of Motor Vehicles is the same one you give the Board of Elections to register to vote.

Living in a van does not preclude the intelligent van dweller from voting. You request an absentee ballot and your mail forwarder sends it to you. You fill it out and mail it in, it is as simple as that.

I use St Brendan's Isle for my mail service so I registered in Clay County. This took filing a declaration of domicile, then voter registration. I didn't get all this done in time to get an absentee ballot so I went in person to the address listed on my registration card and was able to vote.

The registration lists a generic address and the lady checking me in at the polls asked me if I was RV people or boat people. I answered RV and she handed me the ballot.

Every state has their own set of requirements. I'd recommend registering to vote well before the deadline in case you run into additional hoops.