Smashed my Pixel 7

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nice thing with T-Mobile if you can just pop the SIM card into a new phone and you're up and running.

If the phone is still functioning internally and it's just the screen that's broken, you can probably pull and data on there off and or transfer it to another phone. If you have important data pictures etc on it, I would try to get that from the phone sooner than later. The battery is likely bent. And while that isn't super bad, it may cause issues that can get worse the more it's charged and used.

The nice thing with T-Mobile if you can just pop the SIM card into a new phone and you're up and running.

If the phone is still functioning internally and it's just the screen that's broken, you can probably pull and data on there off and or transfer it to another phone. If you have important data pictures etc on it, I would try to get that from the phone sooner than later. The battery is likely bent. And while that isn't super bad, it may cause issues that can get worse the more it's charged and used.
I'll check. My kids said I had no SIM card. But I saw them pull a tiny something from the phone. Thanks HC.

It's possible the phone was using an eSim, not a physical sim card. The pixel 7 supports eSim. Not all phones do.

It's possible the phone was using an eSim, not a physical sim card. The pixel 7 supports eSim. Not all phones do.
I think they said that! I was half asleep at the time. I sent my granddaughter to see if I left my phone in the car. They thought it was quite funny.

Edit: so how do I get my data from eSim card?

Last edited:
eSim and sim cards are just a way to verify your phone can connect to your carrier. These days it doesn't really hold much data except for that.

The phone itself might have documents, pictures, etc on it you want to recover and save. You can check with a T-Mobile store if they can transfer your data to your new phone. You can also connect the phone via cable to a computer. But it might require screen interaction, which might not be able to happen with a bad screen.

Do you have anything on the Pixel that isn't saved elsewhere?

Carla… I thought mine was beyond repair after getting run over by skid loader… it was looking like new in a day with a new screen and all… even worked til… well, I’m good at wrecking cell phones. It’s my super power!

Carla… I thought mine was beyond repair after getting run over by skid loader… it was looking like new in a day with a new screen and all… even worked til… well, I’m good at wrecking cell phones. It’s my super power!
I had a customer that could and would break every single phone he had in record time. And he always had expensive ones. It's was like clockwork to expect him to call every month or three.

Carla. Your phone might be fixable if the body can be bent back to shape enough so the replacement screen fits snug and proper. If you decide on a repair, I strongly recommend a battery replacement at the same time.