How are you all doing in COVID-19 times?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did they bite? 

Public Health Department here says no shots are available and no waiting list is going to be used.

Testing here is 300 people a week for a few weekends in a row. That's it. 

This county makes up less than 4% of state population and we are getting 2% of the shots. 

It's not great to be a two percenter.
-crofter

Busy week this week, went to four Xmas parties, two of which had over fifty people present, lots of music, singing, hugging, pot luck, food sharing. Tomorrow I am off to play in a Christmas concert, with tea afterwards then off for drinks at the pub, likely a few hundred people, no masks, no problem, no covid, off to do the last of my Christmas shopping, economy doing good, shortage of agriculture workers, lots of jobs. Merry Xmas

^
In other words,"Nyah,nyah,nyah,nyah,nyah. I'm invincible because I'm not American or one of those poor blokes in the UK.

And I don't really enjoy the suffering of others. Much"

Just got news of my mothers little sister died of Covid. 80 something but it could’ve been longer.

Wow. I’m speechless at a post here. Been tightly locked down since March and not at all fearful (I’m not a high risk) but not stupid either. However, even though I’ve followed all the rules and hadn’t had the flu for 23 years now I’ve been sick with a flu 3 times. Was in bed 5 days last time and I don’t stay in bed because it kills my back. Haven’t been tested so I don’t know what it was but I did have respiratory problems the first round.

I’m the one who does the shopping, takes my 85 year old mother and the dog for their appointments and deals with various workers etc so I’m the most exposed. Pretty much daily. No choice.

I wear a clean mask, maintain a 6 ft distance, don’t touch my face, wipe down everything and wash my hands and use wipes all day. I also sadly stay away from a couple of very close elderly friends with compromised immune systems.

Being arrogant is pretty funny. Tempting fate. IMO And the flu is a misery and frightening when you can’t breathe. But whatever.

My deepest condolences to those who have lost family and friends.

Yuma County got a new Emergency doctor from NY, guy got sanctioned for telling it like it is (no beds left) in a tweet. Hope he gets back to work soon. Stats say that there is still room at the inn.
~crofter

Here's a link comparing current stats for the USA against EU and Israel who both did lockdowns to minimize the damage from this wave of covid 19. You will have to scroll down a ways to get to the chart, copied the whole article. I also got a very long letter from the administrator of the local hospital explaining their problems: sounds like they need nurses, but still have some space left inside the building if they can get staff to come here.
~crofter

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/...vid-19-vaccine-coronavirus-pandemic-christmas

I'm not sure if this is relevant out west but CVS has drive thru testing. Here in Florida it's free if you don't have insurance. I made an online appointment, drove up to the drive thru, the pharmacist passed the testing kit through the drawer and then instructed me what to do. It was a nasal swap and it wasn't too bad. I stayed in my vehicle and he stayed in the building. Safe and easy peasey. Three days later I checked my negative test result online. I'd like to do the anti body test also but haven't lined one up yet. CVS doesn't handle them

I got so tired of reading a Covid stuff here and everywhere else that I haven’t spent the time I should’ve in it. My major question is since I’ve had it I am I immune? I’ll bet there’s 20 different answers to that question.

If you want the high tech immunity into your RNA, you will need the shots. 

I have read that natural immunity from getting sick with covid 19 is for sure good for 90 days, but a few people have caught it again, with a different strain of the same virus. 

Natural immunity is like shooting it with a .38, that one is dead. The high tech vaccine immunity is like shooting it with a shotgun, that one and its relatives are dead. I am leaning towards the vaccine myself.

As far as I know, the vaccine is not required but may be needed for a job or for group living. When I worked in healthcare and education up to date vaccinations were always required.  -crofter

Links to articles on immunity
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-...v-2-lasts-at-least-six-months-data-show-68179

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...-twice-suggesting-immunity-wanes-quickly-some

There is also a new article in "Immunity" but I can't get it to pop. -c

Reason to celebrate: Arizona is not in the top ten deadliest states for covid 19 today!!!   But Arizona is number 11 on the death toll list, with a 162% increase since Nov 1, 2020. Also Yuma county not looking good and in the middle of the lettuce harvest.

I took my test today, not that bad really as a DIY activity. We were coached through it step by step by the pharmacy tech. The whole process took longer than 10 minutes due to the paperwork part of the process. I feel really bad for that pharmacy tech, I cannot imagine doing that all day. Ew.

Here is the link to today's disaster states. The science says that these stats were preventable. Duh.

https://g.co/kgs/G7kuSs

https://g.co/kgs/kvSGeG

-crofter