Homebase in Michigan

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagonhousemi

Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm Sarah. I just moved into a custom camper I had built a few years ago, called the Wagon House. I'm working on some improvements and a new vehicle so I can take her on the road in the spring of 2018. Looking for other Michigan resources for the winter.

Pictures Sarah? Sounds interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the CRVL forums Sarah! Yes, pictures of anything that looks as cool as your wagonhouse are a requirement! ;-)

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

I have been thinking about van life in Michigan in the winter and am thinking that I might have to winterize it and poop in a bucket. Then, I guess I will park someplace with power so I can run a furnace. I only plan to stay through Christmas though and then I am headed to winter someplace warmer (most likely Sonoma County in California)

Here's a clearer picture! It was originally built to sit in the back of an 8 foot truck bed. It's tough to take pics of the interior because it's only about 30 square feet in there. But it's home sweet home.

Attachments

• wagonhouse.jpg
    wagonhouse.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 12
That's cute!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is adorable! I really want to see the interior.
That is so cute. I would be very tempted to put shutters on those windows. Yeah..not practical..extra weight without purpose...but the temptation is there. Turn it totally "ginger bread"

Welcome! I'm originally from MI, and I can't imagine spending the winter there anymore even in a house. My brother is still there in the house we grew up in, so I get regular reports on the weather. Big snow storm or severe cold, I let him warm up a little before calling! I really like the "gypsy wagons" and they are becoming very stylish and are being producing by a couple of "home-grown" businesses. Living in cold temps can be done in a trailer, BUT it will give one the work out of their life.

I guess it's time to move on over to the Captain's Log section. I've got some new pics of the interior!

:) Hello and Welcome.  I too like Vardos.  I look forward to seeing your Captains Log!  Will you be able to stay in one spot up there so you can put something up to stop the cold winds from blowing under your trailer?  I'm from TX and my 1st winter in SD I saw 1 older house trailer completely wrapped in plastic and straw bales against the north side of many homes.  I'm the only 1 in my family that's been outside with a wind chill of 51 below zero...I DIDN'T STAY LONG  :D

Jewellann

When the ex and I were still together we debated building a similar tow behind. Love the idea.

Much nicer than mine was. This was what I was living in before starting my shelter build.

17-02-15 (2).jpg

Which is here, Draggable.
 One day I'm going to pull it apart and rebuild it right. Made that while I was living in it, swore I'd never do that again, . . . now I'm building another while living in it.  :-/

Attachments

• 17-02-15 (2).jpg
    17-02-15 (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0