Hi From Virginia

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tango

Reaction score
I just found this forum AGAIN.  Had forgotten about it. 

I'm not ready to bite the bullet yet.  It will probably be another 5 years or so. 

I downsized about six years ago.  Had a huge yard sale and cleaned out my townhouse.  Left the townhouse for my son and friends to take care of and moved into an 8' x 32' trailer.  I rented a spot on my friends land.  They hooked me into their electric, water, and sewage.  I lived there for 3 years in the woods and loved it.

I ended up moving back in the townhouse because my son decided to move to Atlanta.  I wanted one of us to live there with the renters.

Living in that trailer was an awesome experience.  After living in it for just a couple of weeks I realized that the trailer was way too big for me.  So next time it will have to be way smaller. 

When I moved back into the townhouse I took over the living room.  To this day I can still pack and move in 4 hours or less.  I did not buy "stuff" again, unless it was something I had to have.

Can't wait to move back into something tiny and cozy.

I hope to learn from all of you.

Hugs,
Tango

Hi Tango and welcome back. Best of luck getting back into the woods or wherever you want to go.

Hi Tango, im from northern California but grew up in Virginia til we moved to California when i was in 7th grade, from near Front Royal.

Welcome back Tango to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Wandering i said:
Hi Tango, im from northern California but grew up in Virginia til we moved to California when i was in 7th grade, from near Front Royal.

Small world.  I'm in Manassas and my mom's in Linden (before Front Royal)

Wabbit said:
Hi Tango and welcome back. Best of luck getting back into the woods or wherever you want to go.

Thank you Wabbit.  Yes...the woods, that's where I want to be.  Miss it dearly!

Hey Tango !
Sounds like you have the downsize part down . Check.
Hope you find the perfect rig when you're ready.
And plenty of time to figure out what that is......
We're happy to help with that.
Ask all the questions you want.