Hi All??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbear67

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just found this forum so thought I'd check it out. Currently part time in my self built 5.5 tonne Iveco ex welfare bus. Single parent at the moment but looking to go fulltime soon as my situation allows. Any more of you in England?...?

Welcome to the CRVL forums BigBear67! We have members from France, Italy, and a bunch of other countries so we probably have some from England. Hopefully they'll chime in!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks for the welcome buddy. Will post a coupla pics of my bus if anyone's interested once I sort my flashcard out ( recently changed my phone & lost all my piccies?)

Z1.jpgCouple of pics of my self build bus

Attachments

• Z3.jpg
    Z3.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Z4.jpg
    Z4.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 25
Glad you guys like it. Bought in Nov '18 & first outing was Aug '19. Booked for a hippy meet in Derbyshire, was due to set off on the Thursday evening, Thursday morning noticed a pool of oil under the front end. Turned out the sump had gone porous?
Long story short, sourced a sump from my nearest Iveco agent & my landlord, who has the service station next to my house got his guy to fit me the new sump early on the Friday! Set off 24 hrs late, & never missed a beat there & back.?

E3.jpgE4.jpgZ7.jpgView attachment 25506Z6.jpgView attachment 25506C5.jpg
A few pics of my interior. 4ft fixed bed, vintage service bus seats, full size sink, vintage caravan cooker, & solid mahogany table that was originally a school science lab counter top. Floor has now been covered with heavy duty dark red carpet tiles that were repurposed from a primary school/training centre in Leeds.

Attachments

• Z6.jpg
    Z6.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 24
  • C5.jpg
    C5.jpg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Z7.jpg
    Z7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • E4.jpg
    E4.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 20
  • E3.jpg
    E3.jpg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 21
Nice looking build in your bus. But I am perplexed as to how a big hippie meet could be happening given the current social distancing and no gatherings restrictions in the UK.

maki2 said:
Nice looking build in your bus.  But I am perplexed as to how a big hippie meet could be happening given the current social distancing and no gatherings restrictions in the UK.
Hi maki2, glad you like the bus. The meet I was referring to was held in August last year (2019) long before this present shitstorm. Bus is now parked on my ol' man's farm until these restrictions are lifted...??

Hi again guys & gals. Just a bit of an update, been a while now but I'm still here....
Few more additions & alterations to my bus, I've changed the sink unit out in favour of a wood counter top & a round sink so I now have more prep area.IMG_20210302_142451.jpg
Also now got 400w of solar on a homemade roofrackimage0.jpeg
Added another 2 panels since this so 4 in total now.IMG_20211201_131929.jpg
Log burner now fitted, perfect for our winter weather.IMG_20210703_211837.jpg
Domestic fridge now fitted which runs off the solar systemIMG_20211030_162429.jpg
Oh, I also got a new hat....🐻👍