Hi all

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiePorgie

Reaction score
My name is George. I lived in Thailand for 25 years and ran a book business until paper books became difficult to sell. I have been back in the USA for 2 years and want to avoid insane rents and see my own country. Hence exploring the van dwelling lifestyle.

I have never owned a car in my life and have not driven a lot, so this is a big step. I am working on an island, trying to save money for a van and getting as much info as possible, but can't buy it until I get back on the mainland. I am trying to figure out what I will need and the least expensive way of putting a convenient, comfortable camper-van together. If this is going to be my home, I want it to be pleasant.

Welcome George to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

There are lots of ways to start, all the way from a fully outfitted RV to car camping. I got started on the car camping end. The website owner here, Bob Wells, has a number of YouTube videos on various options, under the same CheapRVLiving name.

Welcome George! Good luck on the new adventure and safe travels....