Hey Y'all from Alabama!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29785

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. Trying it this way. Been getting 404 errors constantly here. Posting a very simple thread then editing it with my actual into, please bear with me. Just trying to see if it's just some characters in my original post that causes the 404 as I seem to be able to post in other section of the forum without issue.

*edit* well that didn't work. Typing in my intro anew below. Definetely seem to me like it's some kind of character usage inside the post that triggers the 404.

Intro begin!

Hello, everyone! I'm a 35 yrs old deaf single guy looking to stop being tied down to any single location. I just simply have never felt comfortable staying still in one location for so long. The longest I've stayed is probably just a few years back in VA only because of school. Was raised as a military brat so that's why I moved around so much. I've always had some kind of interest in the environment but then video games distracted me into thinking that I'll be interested in computer science. Unfortunately it wasn't the best thing for me. SO I'm trying to get back to my root but I've forgotten so much. Currently trying to learn foraging, flora and fauna identification, etc...

I've recently picked up a 1988 Coleman Williamsburg 2 weeks ago and have been living out of it as I've been modifying it. I'm basically using my parent's property in Alabama as a home base as their property basically butts up against the forest so I got some privacy there while I straighten some stuff out. I'm towing this camper with a 1999 Dodge Dakota that's on a 6 inches block lift so I gotta change that out for a leaf spring lift (much safer on rough roads) and regear the transmission as the previous owner never did that.

Anyway, one of my major goal is to simply live in my camper fulltime exploring the midwest states and check out the southwestern states. I'm fairly familiar with the eastern coast except for the northern states but have only really lived in Co and Mt for a short time without really going around checking things out. Looking forward to actually doing that!

I got a lot more to share but I'll stop for now and just explore the forum and hopefully explore the lands with some of y'all!

Welcome to the forum lostear. It took me a few minutes but I now catch on to your name. I am an East Coast Snowbird headed for Florida as soon as the rain clears up. I can’t drive very well in the rain or at night with my eve problem. Makes it pretty convenient to have somewhere to sleep and stay out of the weather if I have to pull over because of Rain or darkness. I and Many others on here like to see pictures and hear about what kind of changes you’re making to the rig in order to make it livable. You don’t have to but we like it. God bless the nomads east and west.

Heh, yeah. I love my name. Even have a site for this called lostear.com

Here's a link to the latest pic of the outside of the camper, https://photos.app.goo.gl/on9bhy8kAKGXf2NT8

I'm planning on making a video overview of the camper and my plan for it on youtube but that'll take me about a week.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Lostear! Thanks for perservering! This platform is kind of flakey so sometimes you need to be patient and try other ways around to make it work

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.