Hey Everyone, My name is kendra

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirby

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, My name is kendra, I just bought a small (19ft) 1986 cutaway van and am looking to move into it full time within the next few months. I'm really excited to read all of your experiences and see all of the advice you have to offer! :)

Kendra!!! Welcome to the CRVL forums! Glad you found us. We're just as excited to read about and follow your journey and progress. We love pictures!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks so much Cyndi! I've been poking around trying to navigate the forum it seems really interesting and positive!

Welcome to the CRVL Forum :) 

Luck is with you in finding this place.   You can learn about everything here that there is to know.

Let me invite you to take a look through the websites below as they are especially suited to those
who are new to Van Life and Travel. 

All the best !

Welcome aboard Kendra!
Ask anything you want..........

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys!
I uploaded some pictures of her, I have affectionately named her sister creep

I think it looks neat inside [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome, KENDRA!! I'm so glad we have a decent gender mix here. It's a great, and growing tribe, and I invite you to attend a RTR (Rubber Tramp Rendezvous). The online forum is invaluable, but meeting up with community in the flesh is immensely enriching and connection-building :)

I'm new too but I'll chime in with my welcome!

What year Chevy is that?
I'm assuming at least a 1 ton?
Looks like an old delivery or blue collar Van?

Any idea of the Expected fuel mileage?

I'm getting an old 1500 Dodge which should give 14-18 I understand.

If all goes well this Dodge will replace my 86 VW Westy which only gives 12-14!

Love the Westy, just need a different / larger interior layout.

My Wife isn't totally on board yet with this idea.

Dave

Kirby said:
Hey Everyone, My name is kendra, I just bought a small (19ft) 1986 cutaway van and am looking to move into it full time within the next few months. I'm really excited to read all of your experiences and see all of the advice you have to offer! :)

Hi Kendra,  what a cool looking little space.  I hope you post updates on any changed you make, with lots of pictures!  I wish I had a setup with an opening to the cab....
Parker

hello!

That looks a lot like the one Arctic cat is converting:

attachment.php

thread here: Converting a 1986 G30 Van for Expeditioning

djkeev said:
I'm new too but I'll chime in with my welcome!

What year Chevy is that?
I'm assuming at least a 1 ton?
Looks like an old delivery or blue collar Van?

Any idea of the Expected fuel mileage?

I'm getting an old 1500 Dodge which should give 14-18 I understand.

If all goes well this Dodge will replace my 86 VW Westy which only gives 12-14!

Love the Westy, just need a different / larger interior layout.

My Wife isn't totally on board yet with this idea.

Dave

Hey Dave! Its a 1986 chevy G30 with a 6.2 litre diesel engine, its been getting anywhere from 20 to 24 mpg which is seriously killing it on the budgeting front. The Dodge 1500's are NICE! my friend has one and that is about what she gets with mileage (hers isn't really loaded down, just essentials) but its comfy and roomy inside :)

and BradKW! that I think thats the same van! I'm checking that thread out right now!

Thanks so much again for the warm welcome everyone! I'll be sure to check out the meetups as well!