Hello from another n00be

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelefromohio

Reaction score
I guess I’ve caught the nomad bug, so here I am! I will be 61 in August, and I was planning on taking SS next year and going west. I have two cats that will be coming along as well, I would love to hear from others who travel with cats. 

I’m interested in a small (not tiny) travel trailer and a truck to haul it with. I saw a guy on the highway today with a Winnebago Micro Minnie that knocked my socks off, it looked to be just what I’m looking for! Except they seem to be a bit pricey. It doesn’t have to be that exact model, but I would like a permanently positioned bed. I also like the bunkhouse style for extra storage options. I plan on putting solar on the roof for boondocking, which how I plan on spending my summers. 

I’ve had a bit of a monkey wrench thrown into my plans however. My landlady is elderly, and sadly she’s not expected to live much longer. ? Her son contacted me and offered to sell me the house I’m renting, but I’m not interested. I work with an older single gal who’s a home owner who is facing 30k in needed repairs and her only income is cashiering in a grocery store. ☹️ I don’t want some crappy house sucking up all of my money. 

I have an bit of an inheritance, it’s not a king’s ransom, but I could afford to buy a truck and trailer, used preferably. I am tempted to just take the plunge now, but of course I’d like to have an income coming in as well. But rents are high around here because it’s a low income area and most rentals are section 8. I currently pay 450 where money most rents start at 600 and up. 

So, what to do. ? Thanks for taking the time to read, and sorry if this is convoluted. I’m not dealing well with this news of having to move, again and soon. This will be my fourth move in ten years. I am currently purging madly, I knew that day was coming anyway if I want to embrace the nomadic lifestyle, but it’s still painful to get rid of my stuff. Especially since I feel forced into because I don’t want want to move everything again. Esp since I was planning to get rid of it anyway. 

Sorry for the ramble, any advice will be most appreciated. ?

Hi Michele and welcome to the forums. I can't give you any responsible advice, but there are others here who can. I hope you get to gettin' on whatever you WANT to do. Hard to have to much regret when you're doing what you really wanted to do. That's not advice, it's ahh... a bumper sticker or sumtin. Best of luck! :cool:

Welcome Michele to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger