Has anyone tried one of these Chinese Diesel Parking Heaters?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking at one of these heaters and found what the dimensions of the 2kw heater are so I can make sure the listing is selling the right sized unit, and not just a tuned down 5kw heater.

I am stumped now though, because I don't know if the suitcase model (all-in-one unit) has a difference in size. The heater itself may be smaller, but is the case they come in a standard size for all three ratings?

If anyone knows I'd like to hear!

2kw is 300mm (12') long, 5Kw is 400mm (16") and 8 Kw is the same as the 5Kw. The marketing of the 8Kw is BS as there have been plenty of tests to confirm there is NO difference between (5Kw and 8Kw) them.   All the same wide and height. Inlet and Outlet are identical.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2kw all in one. Before I do, I'm wondering if anyone owns a 2kw all in one (or one that would have to be completely assembled) and how much diesel it would drink in let's say, 8 hrs on low.

Thanks

Just got to watch what is for sale online as some of them aren't advertised as what you actually get.
I found this Aussie guys extensive tests he has done the most helpful and he is not trying to sell you something. Certainly worth watching the series.

https://www.youtube.com/user/johnmck1147

Yeah, I watched a few of his videos last night. Thanks man. I really need to watch all of them.

A few minutes ago I made an offer (Ebay) on one of the 2KW all in one. According to the measurements of the case in the Ebay listing, the 5KW or 8KW wouldn't fit into that case so I'll be hoping for the best. Also, like he said, I made sure the heater itself is listed in the ad, not just the accessories.

I may purposely head into some cold weather after the summer. Thinking of heading to The Great Lakes. That's all up in the air because of the virus though. I have a Wave 3 also but my van isn't insulated all that well and it would be good to have redundancy

Update:

When I made my offer on the Ebay item, I asked if the item is a true 2kw heater and not a rebranded 5k.
The seller made a counter offer, but didn't answer my question. I just sent them another message through the Ebay messaging system asking the same question. I'll update if they respond. I won't buy it if they don't

The seller never answered my question about it being a true 2kw unit and not a 5kw with a 2kw sticker on it. Scammer. I let his counteroffer expire. I'm out of the game for now.

Don't worry there are plenty around out there for sale. 
Advice..... buy it before you need it and get it from a local distributor which has them in your country.
Otherwise you could be waiting months for stuff to come in and remember the 2Kw one is shorter at around 12" (300mm) outlet diameter is slightly smaller too. It will usually have the dimensions in the for sale ad.

MotorVation said:
Update:

When I made my offer on the Ebay item, I asked if the item is a true 2kw heater and not a rebranded 5k.
The seller made a counter offer, but didn't answer my question. I just sent them another message through the Ebay messaging system asking the same question. I'll update if they respond. I won't buy it if they don't

I ended up buying a 2kw unit and mounted it inside of a 40mm ammo can. It was much tighter than I would have liked, but it did fit.

I probably would mount in a toolbox if I did it again.

Attachments

• IMG_20200826_203545.jpg
    IMG_20200826_203545.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10