Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning,

Very foggy here this morning with areas reporting visibility at 0. Airport shutdown. Rain this evening and tomorrow, Argh. Forecast changed.

Another beautiful albeit very overcast day. Temps are way up now - currently 41 degrees in my section of North Idaho.

Just finished a big bowl of oatmeal and I'm wondering how I would fix oatmeal while vandwelling to avoid making a mess with a pot and bowl to clean. Any suggestions? What is your normal vandwelling breakfast?

Only four more months to wait for my van. I'm feeling a bit excited about it but must fasten my mind to the tasks at hand - which involve the clearing away of things in my apartment.

Have a great day, everyone!

travelaround said:
Just finished a big bowl of oatmeal and I'm wondering how I would fix oatmeal while vandwelling to avoid making a mess with a pot and bowl to clean. Any suggestions? What is your normal vandwelling breakfast?

Your oatmeal routine may have to change.  I've gone to the little oatmeal packages for traveling.  Heat water and pour in a (paper in my case) bowl, let sit a minute to eat.  Cleanup is wash a spoon.

Good morning,

Rain then clear and rain again today. fifty five to 65 degrees today. Forecasting rain for Christmas...

Good Morning!

11:00 am forecast for Chicago, IL is:  Mostly Cloudy, Temp.: 43 °F, Feels Like: 37 °F

Happy Wednesday!

Alma

Hello, good morning. I can still say that as it is only 11:54am here in North Idaho...

Thanks for the oatmeal making suggestion, Brian! I will survive.

I'm trying to change my diet now so it will be something I can manage easily without a transition when I start driving. I'll have transitions enough, then...

"What is your normal vandwelling breakfast?" - Travelaround

...Made me think about backpacking as a kid.  We'd boil water in a tin cup to make instant oatmeal, eat the oatmeal, then boil more water and make a cup of instant coffee or cocoa in the same cup.  Usually, the cup came out pretty clean, if not then we'd 'swill.'  Swilling is rinsing the cup with a small amount of water, but instead of pouring the wash  water on the ground you drink it down. Gulp! :-/

I'm all about easy so my traveling breakfast is a cup of coffee, a hard boiled egg, and maybe a few slices of pre-cooked bacon that I keep in the fridge.  I cook my bacon a package at a time on a camp stove outside, so I don't stink up  the house.  Hard boiled eggs and cooked bacon will also keep good  in an ice chest.  I buy my boiled eggs ready made from the super wally, and for some reason the two-packs seem to keep longer than the six-pack.

Hope you're feeling better soon... Dean... Hope you're stronger, healthier soon. I prayed for you.

Good morning! Still morning here in North Idaho - I'm in the Pacific time zone. I'm doing my laundry this morning.

Hope you improve fast Dean!

Good morning
Cold here, nice sun tho. Waiting for summer :)
slow easy day

Good Morning  & Merry Christmas everyone!

Bing Crosby (1941)

White Christnas

Latest posts