Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning! 
@B and C
Monsoon season has passed as it was here when I arrived in middle of July. Locals told me it was a little late this year, IDK.

Right now it's 52, total cloud cover and intermittent rain. I was thinking how fortunate I have been as this is the first time I have had poor sunlight since I started full timing in July.

I love my life!

I'm back from the clinic and so happy I got more bins from Walmart and am ready to fill them. Only one more room to work on. Things are getting cleared out wonderfully. I have a few more days. May get help the last couple of days... still waiting to hear from someone to find out if she wants to do that. Well, either way, it isn't going to take long just to put the bins in the van and clean the apartment. I'm still waiting for the trailer. Long story, but he doesn't have the title yet... and I can't buy it until he does. It is supposed to come in the mail this week. If it doesn't I may be stuck in North Idaho another week.. ?? I don't know. I can go visit my daughter, boondock in Sandpoint, or something. I'll figure it out. North Idaho isn't a bad place to be stuck at I guess... but I wanted to be in Central California (in the Mother Lode foothills) by the end of the month.

Hello everyone :)
A record 63 degrees with also 63 percent humidity and it is not actually raining (OR). I am getting ready to go sort my storage locker outside.  I hope it is not raining over there. It feels so good to get rid of stuff ... I mean recycle stuff. I am planning to leave my storage locker well organized and no longer overstuffed.  It's a 5X5 and the landlord just laughs at me as I keep throwing stuff in there and not taking anything out.      ~crofter

I'm trying to do this without a storage locker or apartment, as I won't be back in this part of the country most likely for another year so everything will be put into my van at the end of the week and I hope to get that cargo trailer very, very soon to take part of the load, especially the 2 bicycles. The heaviest bins, probably my books, will have to stay in the van. More motivation to give away more books. Too bad this apartment won't clean itself... but my friend will come by and help me on Thursday and Friday... just talked to her. Thursday will be for loading the van and Friday, for cleaning the apartment. Once I get the trailer issues settled I can start driving south.

OK time to add me to the temporarily but only partially disabled list. Slipped, landed on my left palm, fractured my wrist. Fortunately not a severe break, just have to wear a wrist brace and take it easy with no heavy lifting or stress on the hand which will slow down finishing up my build. Guess I won't be making my November first bug out of Seattle deadline I set for myself. Oh well accidents happen and I will still get to spend the winter in the Southwest.

wow, sorry Maki that happened to you. Hope you heal up well!

TA you are doing so well with your progress. Head south huh? It is so hot hear you might want to consider holding off a bit LOL

good morning all
SOS here
few chores to handle today, not much
waiting for this heat to break, it just won't give up :)

over the dog LOL
I have to watch killing myself over our little Papillion. He sleeps in the worst places and ya turn a corner and there is he sprawled out on his side snoring and you almost literally break your neck trying not to step on him......your post was too funny :) I so know it!

Good morning all! 59 and raining here. Sorry to hear of your fall Maki. Unbelievable whether were having this year, I live just north fo you Maki.  I have surgery next week, still planning on bugging out sometime around the 1st week of October.

Happy Day!  54 degrees with 87 percent humidity and we've got light rain but not the deluge that was predicted for Oregon. Oh, now it's raining harder. I live on a mountain side so fall rains leads to snow on the mountain.  Today I will reschedule what I put off doing yesterday.   ~crofter

HalfShadows said:
Good morning all! 59 and raining here. Sorry to hear of your fall Maki. Unbelievable whether were having this year, I live just north fo you Maki.  I have surgery next week, still planning on bugging out sometime around the 1st week of October.
That makes 3 of us leaving PNW by November, at this rate we are going to have a caravan. Will the last person leaving PNW turn the lights off...
Raining here still too only 50 here, spent all yesterday ripping viscous coupling out in the transmission in the Subaru in the rain on rocks, after awhile it was puddle underneath to waddle in. Around 2100 hrs last night I got it back together, soaked, covered in wet clay from dirt under the car and cold. I think I got it back together right   :-/ it did make it home hehe.

HalfShadows said:

Best wishes to you for a rapid recovery from the surgery.

I think you are at higher elevation than I. Not too cold here so far. But I am immediately next to Puget Sound so it is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter than folks up on the hill next to me. A little micro climate effect from the water temperatures that gets trapped by the hill.

I am a good healer soI expect to be nicely mended in the standard 6 weeks it takes for fractures. Just glad it was not my right hand. Also glad I bought some Velcro closing shoes the other day, they were a thrift store find, the brand I need, new and in my extra wide size. A lucky find as it turns out it would be very tricky to tie shoe laces right now.

good morning all

wish we had some rain, hasn't rained here in a good bit
everything is yellow pollen covered
sure wish temps would take a big drop down

SOS day
nothing dramatic so that is good, easy day

Good morning. A tropical depression here so we are getting much needed rain. All week maybe a little much but we are on high ground here.

Nothing else to report.

Dang. Looked at the rain gauge. More than 5" overnight. This is going to hang around all week? At least they aren't deludges.

Good morning...I think it took us a week of straight rain to get those 5 inches you got last night B&C, any wind? “Supposedly” we are getting a break from the rain today after over a weeks worth, going to start mounting solar panels on a aluminum frame I built for them. Six 100 watts per frame of two frames (1200 watts total) then converting over from 12v to 24v. Going to look like a solar farm going down the road, will get another 4 solar panels added to the system later on when I figure out where to put them. Top of my Subaru looks tempting.