Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SE, so cool you are doing the 'test the bugs' out of the system....darn right it all counts as van dwelling if you are in that van :)  and pay for the CG cause a campground can help you work out more bugs...but you are right, private cgs are increasing costs, no doubt about that, they have to live also...….so IF you have any state parks around, or COEs or national forest in the area they will save you some bucks vs. private.

go for it!

Guy you got the 2K.....heehee…..very cool!

B and C, you saying ya need rain, I know you didn't do it tho :) :)  you a rainmaker?  wow......

Good Morning all! Coffee is tasty. Cool and overcast as usual. Going to work on the rig today. Took the day off yesterday.  

T/A  I enjoy reading your progress and setbacks. I can relate. Rooting for your departure date.

Good morning... just look at the delays in your travels TA as more time to check over your setup more and time to think about how else you could do it. Everything happens for a reason, just got to find the good in it.
Now where did the sun go, I swore the meteorologist say it was supposed to be partly cloudy for 3 days not raining.

Playing some music for you B&C, Stevie Ray Vaughn ~ Texas Flood

Water receding pretty good overnight. I just heard the second most rainfall in a day behind hurricane harvey.

Good Morning!! Back in Mesa, AZ.
Got truck serviced first thing this AM...ugh, diesel maintenance costs, lol.

Now at Dr. for my scheduled maintenance. 
Lost 20 lbs off weight and 20-30 points off my blood pressure. Yay!!!

@TA
NM annual pass can be a wonderful value, it certainly has been for me. I have probably already used it 50 nights worth and still have till next July before I have to renew.

MaTaLa said:
NM annual pass can be a wonderful value, it certainly has been for me. I have probably already used it 50 nights worth and still have till next July before I have to renew.
Not to hijack the thread, but where exactly to you get said wonderful pass, and is it free for seniors???
60 degrees and intermittent downpours - says on the weather report it's cloudy today.  Today I will do what I have been putting off and rescheduling all week, along with starting on the Maxx fan that just arrived, as well as designing the battery box. Ambitious plans after slacking for days.     ~crofter

Now that I've had a few hours to think about it - storage in Arizona makes more sense as I plan to spend more of the year in that area than I will here in North Idaho. Reno would be a good midway point between the two... but the only thing that draws me in that area is Lake Tahoe and I'd require a long term free parking space. Not sure how that would happen. Well, one day at a time. I'm making good progress at getting things ready for give-away or storage/transport whatever happens next. Jolynn is here helping again... did a great job on the kitchen and very little is left there - just things I might use in the next week. We will wait and do floors on the last day or two. I have about three bins left and enough stuff to put in them lying around in my bedroom. The living room is near empty except a few bins and boxes near the walls.

travelaround  storage room rentals in cities are not the best value, they are often 3 to 4 times higher than the rates you will find in small towns or out in the countryside where someone with land puts up storage to generate some extra income. 

Some RV parks in the SW have storage facilities associated with them. That could be handy to give you a place to stay for a night while you unload and get things organized. That association works for the RV parks because it gives them an income during the hot months when the RV dwellers are gone.

Good to know! Thanks Maki. A friend in Northern California is offering free storage. I might take her up on that offer. Just unsure about so much right now. The time crunch is here. Time to empty the apartment but nothing to put it into yet. By the end of this next week there has to be a solution.

good morning
another hot day here, no rain in sight
kinda do nothing day mostly. Won't go finding trouble, well maybe LOL

Good morning. Things seem to have settled down here as far as I can tell.

Thought you had to be out on the 20th TA.

Dean, salt melts to ya know. LOL

Good morning all! Glad I don't live in the heat. Been there done that. Threw that sweaty Tee Shirt away. But there is always compromises. Overcast and rain for me this weekend. Tasty Coffee always offsets it in the Morn.

Good morning... still messing with this solar panel set up, trying to get new inverter installed and rewiring the whole system. Can’t just unplug everything for few hours, it has to be lined up to cause little disruption in freezer full of meat. Hard to do when you have to be quiet as a mouse as to not attract attention in the national park, bad enough they circle like vultures and the place is mostly empty.

Hello, yes, Brian, I was going to be out by the 20th but had to extend that because we're waiting for the title for the cargo trailer. All packed up and nowhere to go.

good morning
gonna be another hot one, dry, so ready for season change now but ain't gonna happen for a while still.
do nothing day, boring here