Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool on unloading extra gear.

GM
simple day, play catch up at the house when back from vacay

I hear ya. I am a strict minimalist type and anything extra gets on my last nerve. I want very little to roll with out on the road. Less is better cause gadgets and stuff require time, money and fixin' and I ain't got it in me to bother anymore.

Good morning. I have way to much stuff in my van but I like to think I am prepared. I used to be a Boy Scout. I go by the axiom that I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I also like stuff that has more than one use.

For me it is tools that are just so hard to give up but the truth of the matter is my leatherman is what usually gets used even though I get pinched and cut now and then and the Philips screwdriver is soft and worn out. I'm getting so old and lazy I don't want to lift out the box and then have to reorganize the tools when done to get them to fit back in!

All good things to have in mind as I contemplate how to pack things into my van this week. But today, it is still floor building. The wood is ready to be installed and we're doing it this morning, at 10am Pacific Time! Or at least, starting around then. Wood, insulation, the plywood, screw it in place, and I should have a floor. Everything is ready to go.

I don't carry the tools so much for me to use anymore. I will use them if I have to though.

I carry a Leatherman Squirt and find the phillips head has held up well. I like the #0 size and it fits #2 phillips well too.

carry basics need to survive in the tool world but one thing is I am mostly never 'that far from help' just yet....so someone, somehow is gonna save me in that extra tool land I might need. If not limp along til I get ok :), heck I eventually get ok, might take a lot of time but time I do have to handle troubles.

TA, I thought that floor was one and over and drying from whitewashing etc?

having my morning beef broth to sip nice and hot :)
despise coffee, ut oh, don't ya'll yet at me for hating coffee!

GM
easy day of this and that
waiting for delivery for new bed for kid's room

other than that, relaxing a bit.

GM to all

Enjoying morning coffee in a warm tent, was only 48 degrees outside when I got up.

Working on where to next as it is almost time to move.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Yesterday Les cut the floor insulation ... we installed that and put the wood floor back on top. Today he has to finish a few details near the doors... shouldn't take long. Then I'll install my cot and wash the floors then start putting things into the van for my first trip.

Dean and Buster said:
I miss moving every couple of weeks.

Sometimes a couple of weeks feels too long, other times the 2 weeks seems very much too short of a time. I guess, for me, it depends on the place.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Hello - big changes here! Floor edgings are beautiful... floor all done... cot installed... friends needing furniture are arriving at noon... I must continue rearranging things so they'll be able to see everything available to take. Later today... packing the van. Maybe tonight, sleeping in it.

travelaround,

So excited for you...it's finally all coming together. Keep us posted.