Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "work" goes in spurts with long periods of doing nothing in between. The long periods of doing nothing are doing me in. Losing strength and bored just sitting around. I need to do something I want to do (like get on the road again). Sadly it won't happen for quite a while. The dream of the open road is about the only thing keeping me going.

Hi Dean

yes B and C, I understand, our wait time is different but the dream does live in all of us :)

GM big Tstorm at beach
blowing over now
hopefully one last big swim before we leave tomorrow

Mornin' all.

Cold here, somewhere in mid 30s. Opened the roof vent and I am making coffee inside.

Looks like the coffee's ready, everyone have a great day

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Good morning. Summer in full swing here in south texas. Heat index 110 yesterday.

Got some stuff moved into the shed haphazardly and the garage rearranged enough to get two cars in it. Moved the motorcycle trailer to its' new home in the backyard. Took the van for a bath (badly needed) and filled up the gas tank. It is now parked in its spot in the backyard and plugged into the shed.

I am going to do nothing today. The above took the son and I two days to accomplish and still a long ways to go.

My floor is now in Les' garage... whitewashed perfectly - but needs varathane still, which he said he will do between now and the time I go over there again... on the theory that it would be easier to varathane on a table than on knees in the back of the van. At this point I don't care if the color isn't perfect - I just want a floor - though he has great ideas about how to finish the edges and construct everything. He showed me the bed he made for himself and his wife - what a work of art! I think he must be a master carpenter. Looks beautiful and is similar to what I originally wanted in the van before getting a cot for my first voyage out to see the world, again, after all these many years in North Idaho.

GM
from 30s to 110....woof on those temps :)

packing and heading home
take care of whatever is at house and light out again for another state park in a bit

Good morning. Nothing new to report here. Still hotter than blazes here and will be until into November. Ugh!

Wish I could get out even for a little bit. At this point it would probably take a week to get the van ready.

Y'all have fun when you can.

Good morning - I'm heading out - to church . . . a neighbor in this apartment building asked me for a ride this morning (to the church as we both go to the same one) . . . and this afternoon I have a plan to have a late lunch at a restaurant with another neighbor... not sure she's healthy enough to get into the van. We'll see... she could drive her own car.

I am going to go through some gear from my trailer and van in the next couple of weeks alot of it I am going to give away to dwellers would rather not give it to the second hand store

Good morning. A nice. slow, soaking rain here this morning. Nothing on the agenda.

Good luck with your sorting and pitching Dean. Never a bad idea to pare it down.

Dean does this mean you ain't hitting the road in your scheduled October time? or is this just a clean out to make it lighter on the road when ya do fly?

Good morning - I'm staying home today . . . at least, that's the way I have it planned. I was away all day yesterday. I have plenty to do here.