Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bullfrog said:
I lucked out when my daughter got married her husband wanted to learn woodworking, so I took generations of tools that I just couldn't stand to part with and truck loads of seasoned hardwood to his garage.  When he mistreated my daughter he got drunk went out to the shop and nearly cut off a couple fingers and they were soon divorced.  Got rid of my tools so I could travel and a worthless son in law all in one week!  Sometime things just work out!

Parting with tools is very difficult for me too. Fortunately I have been sharing space for the last 10 years with a tool junky friend. I can leave the ones I can't part with there and come back and use them if I need to or even take them to a new mini workshop space later on.  I hope to set up a home base small storage room halfway between Arizona and the Pacific NW. Most likely on the Oregon Coast. A closet sized room will do.

Good morning. Still SOS here but the weather turned pretty nice this week. Mornings, low 70's and afternoons about 90°. Still 70-80% humidity though.

Good morning and good luck Dean. October keeps getting closer!

Just SOS on another day but at least the weather is nice.

October is just around the corner!

Meanwhile we have summer to deal with. We're expecting 88 to 90 degrees this afternoon.

Floor is still half done and I haven't heard from the man who did the first half. Well... not sure when that will get finished, but I'm also not worried about it.

Good morning. The yard guy came yesterday and filled in some low spot in the yard that held water. The one by where I park the van was the most important one. Now to keep them watered so the new sod squares will root.

Tried to start the genny in the van this morning for its' monthly exercise. Won't turn over from inside. I guess I have a chewed wire or a bad module. I'll see later when I crawl under and try to start it right at the source.

Have a good day all!

Good afternoon. Update.

I had a letdown this morning. Went to the van to start the generator for its' monthly exercise. I pushed the start switch inside, nothing happened. I had to drag out a tarp and put it under the van to take the cover off the onan. There is a start switch located inside. I pushed it and it started. Buttoned it up (airflow), put the heater on and let it run. When it was time to stop it, I did from the inside. Worked. Pulled out the manuals and to my relief, the $200+ module is good because it wouldn't start from the gen itself otherwise. The trouble shooting in the manual points to a bad switch or an open wire. The switch requires a lot of panel pulling but will need to start there for testing wire if it's not the switch.

Brian - I hope you get your van fixed... I have heard rodents sometimes chew on the wires. Hasn't happened to me yet. Let us know what you find.

Good morning (late) . . .

I was up all night listening to an audiobook! Alias, Grace, by Margaret Atwood. I'm half way through it now.

The man who is doing my floor phoned today about when we will resume the floor building process - maybe next Monday or later in the week. The hardest part is done and the rest shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 hours.

Edited~ I really don't like that the board makes a note every time I edit. I have to correct all typos... it is an editorial habit of mine.

GM
watched 2 big loggerhead turtles crawl out of the surf late last night and start to nest. very cool.
sunny nice beach day, time to boogie board and chill