Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning. Still working on the shed. Got a 2" exhaust squirrel cage exhaust fan mounted in the eave with a seperate thermostat hooked up. Put in a weatherproof outlet on an eave to plug the van into. What a PITA. I hate working with 12G wire but I made the decision to put in a 20 amp circuit because the van will be plugged into it and you never know what we will want to run out there. We mounted two LED shop lights last night. Got 'em at Costco. Those suckers are BRIGHT! 4000 lumens each. Four of 7 outlets wired and connected. Did I mention I hate working with 12G wire. That stuff is stiff. I hope to finish the outlets today. The good news is the floor is almost dry. Where I walked in the still damp puddle near a corner is almost there.

I really don't like to put my wife in the chair that has a table (she eats there) to lock her in while I work. The only way to keep her out of mischief. She poured out a full bottle of mouthwash overnight. Sigh. I find stuff in the trash all the time too that I have to rescue.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi Brian - so sad your wife is unable to think right these days. Is there any relief care for her so you can get time alone? Sounds like good progress on your shed project.

I'm going to get help with my floor tomorrow... from a retired pastor who attends our church. He and his wife lived in a RV for about 15 years and he seems enthusiastic about my project of converting a van to an RV.

Hi rvers and dwellers have a great day got the new service dog year old German short hair so far doing great some training has been done this helps my job

cool on the service dog. such a great use/help training animals for people.

GM
gonna rain, that will stink ;)
loading rv now for trip coming up. excited TO GO and be nice not to come back but we gotta still for a bit LOL

Good Morning. Dean, you're gonna need to ask a mod to change your name now. Does your new companion have a name yet? If you already stated, I forgot. Darn CRS.

Well, I got all the outlets wired and screwed into the boxes. I ran into something I have never seen before. Now, when I reset the GFCI outlet, it stays reset but no green light or power anywhere after it. When I trip it there is still the amber light showing it is tripped. Normally when something is wrong they trip right away. I must have something out of kilter somewhere or hopefully the used GFCI has just failed. I do have a new one to try. Ug, I get to keep messing with that stiff wire.

Update: Bad GFCI. Never had one fail that way before. Electrical is now finished.

Now onto making 1x4 backsplashes and adding peg board, then upper shelves and some cross blocking to hold smaller stuff.

Good morning. Dean, are you going to tell us the name of your new companion?

Backsplashes done. Raining today but cooler, 74 this morning instead of 80. No shed work today and probably none tomorrow. We need the rain now though.

Good morning! I bought the plywood and sheet insulation for my van's floor yesterday. I am loving this plywood! It is red cedar and I'll be putting whitewash on it.

What a great blessing Jack will be for someone. Thanks for doing that!

Good morning everyone. We've got a cold day ahead. It started yesterday afternoon with a heavy rainstorm.

GM all.
Bright and sunny here. Soft breeze. Although a nearby lake had wind warnings.
Already in the 70s, with an expected high of 75.
Work today is prepack day. That means getting everything in the car put back in order and neat. A basic straighten up. Tomorrow the tent comes down and into the car and it is off to the city to resupply. I used to do it all in one day but now that i am alone everything takes longer. Especially the tent. Before it read one hour to get it all setup and everything inside placed. Now it takes 3 hours.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Good afternoon. Late today. With the last rain a large crepe myrtle tree fell over due to soft earth and being planted too close to the house. Got it cut up, loaded in a pickup (including root ball) and hauled off. Well, the son hauled it off. Trying to cool down some before jumping in the shower.

Latest posts