Good morning

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean, if you have a window you like to sit at, you can use the window sill as a free feeder.
Buy a small bag (or about a pound if your grocery has a bulk bin) of black oil sunflower seeds, then each morning put one or two handfuls along the sill. BO sunflower seeds will give you the richest variety of visitors.
It may take a while for the birds to find it - this is a great time to start, since food is scarce and birds are on the move, so more likely they'll spot your gift. :)

During the 3 years after my car accident, I was in a small house in the country, and nobody nearby fed the birds.
I put out "proper" store bought feeders, and also put seed on my sill.
The birds came to all of them.
They ain't picky or snobbish. :)

If you suddenly stop feeding them, they'll be fine. They have wings. :)

Whenever I've had a feeder, snow is amazingly enjoyable, because the birds swarm, and their body language screams out "thank you". Makes me happy to think I helped them to get to food during harsh conditions.
It's been 3 years since I last had a feeder, and I miss it terribly.
I'd already picked out potential mounting points for feeder(s) on the van. :)

The Iowa guy who posts his breakfast birds, often describes it as "oatmeal with the birds".
I now think of both you (Dean) and Brian ("B and C") when I read his reports. :)

When do you get back on the road?

Good morning. Gutters were installed on the addition to the house yesterday on the only day without rain. Rain returned during the night and the gutters have stopped the splashing where the roof valley dumped onto the patio. yay!

Hope everyone is well and warm.

Water is good as most other things in moderation. When enough is enough, more wreaks havoc.

Good morning :) The gutter company is back putting leaf guards on the new gutters. The kids are going to watch the wife so I can get out for a little. Out to breakfast and then to Costco. Busy day for a change. Yippee!

Howdy dwellers have a great day having coffee with the dogs sleeping.  Raining here in my part of Missouri glad it's not snow or ice .  Still in recovery from a heart attack I am looking forward to October my push off month to get back on the road .

Morning Dean!
Snow here... lots of snow, falling steadily! Not frigid, so could be worse :)

Thanks for your timeline and reason for being stuck.
I've been wondering.
I'm glad you have the dogs to keep you company.
Dog pictures please? :)

Good morning! High humidity and 74 degrees this morning. So humid it looks like the patio under the cover has been rained on, big puddles with light showers on and off. I am NOT looking forward to the 90-90 days ahead (90 degrees and 90% humidity).

Sunny again finally here in Phoenix metro   still running the propane heater in the mornings.

Sunny here. Time to get out and secure my spot here in the Valley for next winter. Cheaper, nice spots in the RV parks need to be reserved early. Quartzsite is a bit to far from my elderly Mom for me to boondock at this point in time.

Good morning. The pollen is in full swing here and will be getting into the 30's this weekend with almost 80 tomorrow. Argh!

Latest posts