GIRLS' ROOM: Hobbies?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few hobbies: Writing and crochet don't take up much space thankfully since I use the computer, and I am working my way through my yarn supply before moving into my camper. Backpacking is also a huge thing for me and I have one cupboard dedicated to all my ground and hammock camping gear.

Renaissance faires and a passion for Vikings and Celts take up a good portion of space but the cool thing about that hobby is that I use most of the items I have for decor too...furs and hides on the walls and floors (also good for insulation), swords and horn mugs on the walls etc.

My other "hobby" is prepping which is difficult in a 27ft camper with very little storage. It's not really a hobby, but it is a way of life just like being a nomad...trying to reconcile the two is tough. I am lucky to be able to leave my horse trailer with much of that stuff with a friend on their ranch.

My hobbies are Taking photos, painting/drawing, Window shopping, playing with my dog, and listening to music on nice walks!

I find having hobbies is the best thing for me. since I'm going to school and only working part time. I have lots of time for hobbies and to let my mind be creative! I started my own blog a while back but didn't get into it until recently. I am thinking maybe my hobby and skills in the tech world can maybe make me some money on youtube down the line. I am thinking of going to film school at my local community collage since I'm taking classes there anyways. Has any one started making youtube videos and trying to make a profit on them? I hear its easy but time consuming.

Well here is my website i been working on. mostly photos and blogs. I have some awesome pictures of my new rig and my doggie!

Well,

I enjoy knitting and have done so since I was a child---I will be 60 in a few months so that tells you about how long I have been a knitter. :D

I also enjoy distance walking, reading, and, of course, camping. I also enjoy just sitting in the early morning peace and quiet.

VanGrrl57 :)

TrainChaser said:
Do what feels best to you.  Or maybe pick through it and keep the best stuff.  How much room can it take?  

I saw a guy at a rest area who looked like he was camping..................... with a Harley-Davidson inside the van.  And someone here thought I was crazy for planning on carrying some home-canned pint jars of meat.

Home canned meat is way too good to not take, WOW!! Take it!

My hobbies show my naturalist bent. Astronomy, (need to take binoculars and tripod), identifying plants, flowers, animals, rocks and minerals.
My nature books are the only other hobby item I'm taking with me.

Having spent only 5 days at the RTR and all of them in my parked area... missing everything else going on... I was even too tired to do any of my "hobbies" I had hoped to do: photography being one of them. I took maybe a few shots one night. sigh.

I got a hour or two of sleep at a time all night long each night due to the sick doggie... and became really unsafe to even cook so I didn't eat... I left so I could start home before any more cold weather and could get a hotel room and rest... which doggie and I did.

I have many decisions to make and while I probably didn't need to go so far to do nothing " " I did learn some things and also what the trip was all about in the first place: what containers work for me and what won't and what I don't need and what I want.... I do want my piano keyboard too... which I didn't bring, natch. I want some song books so when others are around the campfire, I can lead them to sing some good ole songs we all know some words to ;) I also want to rejoin the Sweet Adelines and sing my bass (It's all about the bass!)... whether I'm meeting at other "local" groups or not.

It's life. Indecision kills. Make a decision and try it out...you'll feel less stress. If it doesn't work out, try something else. We'll be fine, right?