folding chair - $35.00

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken ed

Reaction score
Straight from the start I need to say I'm not particularly impressed with the quality of Walmart brand camping and sporting goods (Ozark). But yesterday I was in Walmart and saw a folding chair that seems to be very well built for $34.97. In addition to being wide enough for my small dog to get up in the chair and lay-down with me as I sit, something that makes her day, it has a side table (that also folds) for a drink holder and room for a tablet and so on.

View attachment 22358dcd-6435-4579-af6c-fe6b13dab34b_1.740c0e5e3f85820feb25f3c847a467c8.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tr...-s-Chair-with-Side-Table-Green-Grey/684563872

Walmart # 573038040

UPC # 844093066617

If you've been looking for a folding chair you might want to check this out. I could see this being useful for anyone from a tent to a full size motor-home.

Attachments

• 22358dcd-6435-4579-af6c-fe6b13dab34b_1.740c0e5e3f85820feb25f3c847a467c8.jpeg
    1.2 MB
thanks. actually that type of chair is a great design. no plastic parts to break. if they are comfy for you get one. I have 4 of them. highdesertranger

broken ed said:
If you've been looking for a folding chair you might want to check this out. I could see this being useful for anyone from a tent to a full size motor-home.

How big is it folded, do you know?

I don't have the ones with the table. mine fold down to approx. 35 tall, by 25 wide, by 3 thick. highdesertranger

they are made with steel, good for strength

Harbor Freight also has them but made with aluminum so much lighter in weight. So for a not so heavy person you can also save on the weight of the chairs. Plus when they go on sale they are only $20.00. Bad news, they are only available in the stores, they can't be ordered online.

I purchased one with the side table, 35 inches tall 25 inches wide, but 7.5 inches thick when folded. These are too heavy to be aluminum, my guess is steel.

They seem well made, but here's the problem with that statement. I have mine for two days and it's Walmart - Ozark. But maybe Walmart is trying to do better. :huh: The canvas type fabric is heavier then I'm used to seeing on Ozark stuff, normally any kind of fabric folding chair from Walmart would start to rip after 6 months of daily use, but this seems better.  :-/  Hope this helps.

maki2 said:
they are made with steel, good for strength

Harbor Freight also has them but made with aluminum so much lighter in weight. So for a not so heavy person you can also save on the weight of the chairs. Plus when they go on sale they are only $20.00.  Bad news, they are only available in the stores, they can't be ordered online.

If you ever get to Texas, there are stores called Five Below. Everything in the store is $5.00 or less. They sell the folding chair that all four corners come together so they're about 8 inches in diameter. I just don't trust a $5 chair, so I've never bought them.

But I have bought a lot of tech stuff there. Back up USB batteries for phones, charging cables, 110 volt USB chargers, ear buds and phone cases. I had really good luck with all of it, some of the back up batteries I've using more then a year, several times a week.

https://www.fivebelow.com/

They claim free free shipping on orders of $35.00 or more or $3.99 shipping on orders of less, although I've never done it.

That's the fat people camp chair! I sat on one and love it. I'm going to buy one when I can afford it as my dog would love to be near me and I don't have a lap. lol