Finding toilet paper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told by a wall mart worker that the wall marts in Clarksville TN will not take cash. I have not ben so I don't know if it is true

We just received an official order from the County with tighter restrictions on many things--including the purchase of TP.  Individuals may only purchase the lesser of a) 12 rolls; or b) one package at a time "until the supply chain catches up."

Steinbeck, LOL i was racking my brain trying to figure out the connection between Steinbeck and toilet paper. hahahahahaha

by the time Seinfeld was popular I pretty much had given up on TV. I have only seen a few episodes.

highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
by the time Seinfeld was popular I pretty much had given up on TV.  I have only seen a few episodes. 

Same here. I worked evening shift so missed a lot of shows.  Never watched Drew Carey then either but did watch reruns a few years ago. Pretty funny.

Cash. I do have a credit card which I will use if cash is refused. But for now, the only purchases I will make are grocery items and that won't be necessary for a while.

I did just order the complete Big Bang series on Amazon. Will take at least a week to get here but that's ok.

All you have to do is put in how many times a day you go. It doesn't distinguish between pee and poop so if you use it every time you go, then use that number.

B and C said:
All you have to do is put in how many times a day you go.  It doesn't distinguish between pee and poop so if you use it every time you go, then use that number.
But that would make it wildy inaccurate for how much a solo male camper needs. :)  It is still a dumb calculator no matter which way you look at it.

"Oh My...…………….It's Seinfeld !"

Sorry, Folks....LOL, I've been hitting the classics too hard with so much spare time on my hands now!

Chuck Q said:
If you'll steal TP, you'll steal just about anything...

I disagree with the idea that willingness to steal something of low value means you're equally willing to steal something of great value. The opposite is probably true. If I'd steal, oh, someone's life savings, then I'd certainly have no problem swiping a few yards of toilet paper.

You could always start eating a lot of corn on the cob...hang onto those cobs for emergency use.

MrNoodly said:
I disagree with the idea that willingness to steal something of low value means you're equally willing to steal something of great value. The opposite is probably true. If I'd steal, oh, someone's life savings, then I'd certainly have no problem swiping a few yards of toilet paper.
I respectfully disagree. There is no difference in the taking something that doesn't belong to you regardless of the value.

Let me rephrase "count how many time you go to the bathroom and use tissue". I use it once or twice a day, you may use it a lot more. Sarcasm, I know.

I should but never do keep my mouth shut. I was seriously thinking of leaving this forum because some things I have said were taken as offence. So if you can receive it my opinion without offence. It is that if you are willing to steal it doesn't matter what you steal you are still a thief. If someone needs something as simple as toilet paper I am certain there are agencies and individuals who would be willing to share, I would. One of my heroes is Milton Hershey (I live less than 10 miles from Chocolatetown USA). When he was running the company employees could eat anything from the scrap bins and get a large discount in the company store but if you took just one piece of candy, or any thing else, from the factory without permission you were terminated. He felt that anyone willing to steal a nickle was the type that would not hesitate to steal more. He made this policy clear to every employee and very few were ever caught stealing. This from a man who is known as one of the most kind and generous employers that ever owned a large company, In his lifetime no one was ever laid off from Hershey Foods, even during the great depression. Just as an aside - Hershey gave his entire fortune, 19 million dollars, to the school for orphans which still owns the majority of the company. That was 19 million in 1918 dollars Cant even imagine what that would be today. So because of this great man and the school that benefits from the sale of his product I to eat as much chocolate as I can. I know its a sacrifice but its the least I can do.

Stealing toilet paper from public facilities takes different forms.

For some people a little dab here and there works just fine.

There are others who consistently use yards of the stuff.

You know who you are.

nature lover don't worry you aren't even on the radar. believe me when I say I have offended more than you ever will. highdesertranger

Here is an alternative for TP-disadvantaged people. No joke intended, lol. :angel:

You only need the soft and fuzzy stuff where it touches your bottom. So you can wrap a couple of squares around a small piece of crumpled-up paper - it works and the efficiency is still pretty good. Then deposit the used bit in the garbage, rather than in the toilet, and which a lot of us who use the kitty litter method already do. It doesn't work to toss the enhanced TP+paper item into a regular toilet, as it floats and doesn't flush well.