Finding my CRVL Groove . . .

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedhighway46

Reaction score
Hello tribe . . .

I have been on CRVL now for seven months. This is long enough to begin to know what's going on and to learn the various traits of the participants, and for me to learn what is expected of me here as a participating member of the tribe. For some time now I have wanted to mention my perspective on CRVL so far. 

Here are some of my "one step up from a newb" observations and opinions about CRVL:

1> The "standards" of the forum allow everyone to express themselves without the overall mentality sinking to the lowest common denominator. Its what makes CRVL higher quality than other forums. You don't have to agree with what a person says, but you had better have facts ready to justify your position. Good stuff.

2> Bob, and the moderators, provide a firm base of direction and control; are helpful and responsive in the extreme; and actively promote friendliness to all participants. Bob's blog presentations are first class.

3> The "regular posters" keep the momentum of the forum moving and actively participate in subjects and topics even though it can be "old stuff" and is being repeated the the umpteenth time. Many of these regulars have developed their own area of expertise, whether its be technical subjects, style of life issues, posting attractive used vans and vehicles, or just welcoming new members. These people have developed a reputation of "generally" knowing what they are talking about, either through personal experience or because they have been here so long. Their postings are informative; their banter at times amusing and thought provoking. These are the folks I like to read; they are what makes CRVL run.

4>  I have also learned about the "Darth Vader" types here on CRVL . . . those folks who have gone over to the dark side. They thrive on complaining; or whining; or baiting; or just being subjectively offensive . . . just for the sake of making an "issue". Their numbers, fortunately, are very small. But to me they are the posts I don't waste my time reading and don't really care about their opinion. If their posts continue promoting a decaying perspective, I just lock em out. They bring little to nothing to the tribe. 

This site has become a major source of my road-dwelling activity; I enjoy my time here.

Astute observations, there. This would make a good Sticky or first read for new members, IMO.

You have also cursed me with major Rig Envy :D

Thanks, Speed! It's always nice to hear positive feedback. Especially nice for someone to take the time to post an in-depth review.

Your time and participation is much appreciated.

x2 on what Cyndi said. may I add it's great having you here. highdesertranger

geez,hope i have fallen to darth vader level

now if darth maul had a child with benny hill,i could see that

Darth Helmet?   :huh:

Thanks Speedhigway46.  As a former mod of a political site, I have learned the hard way that being a honest and fair babysitter to a gaggle of geese is harder than herding cats, and much less fun.  I haave sworn off of ever moderating again. (I have been clean for more than 7 years!)    On this site I feel comfortable posting and knowing my opinion is always ~~~ liable to not be removed because someone in power is having a bad day.   ;)

The administration is always appreciated, and more than fair in their assessment of what is best for the majority of the readers, and the health of this forum.  

In my personal and unofficial opinion, your contribution is always one of the sanest and astute voices in the group. 

John

I think the OP must have one of the most amounts of "Thanks" posts on this site. One of the nicest vehicles in my opinion as well. Glad you have found, enjoyed, and shared here with us all.

I hope he and the wife show up at the next RTR(winter). so I can drool. highdesertranger

Gary68 said:
geez,hope i have fallen to darth vader level

now if darth maul had a child with benny hill,i could see that

Now that's not right. :D