Finally got my van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HalfShadows said:
Friday Harbor is nice on San Juan Island touristy. Roche Harbor to the north side of the Island has a very interesting history. Also the Rosario on Orcas Island Has very interesting history as well.

I believe it was someone on Friday Island who told us we could Island hop and camp by ferry. That would be interesting.

LivGolden said:
All I need is a Dutch Oven and I'm ready...Fried fish in the desert should be a big hit!
I don't know for sure, but I imagine there are fish in the Colorado River in Ehrenberg, just a few miles west of Quartzsite.

And 1/2 now has plenty of refrigerator space humming right along to keep them during the day. So fish fries in the evenings. Sounds like RTR to me, :). All depends on how many fish Liv can catch. She better be good at it to feed the entire RTR. The mob heading for the fish fry...

LivGolden said:
I believe it was someone on Friday Island who told us we could Island hop and camp by ferry. That would be interesting.
Yes once you leave the mainland you can island hop for free on the ferry system until you return to the mainland. Stayed at the Rosario one evening, what a place. There is a huge entertainment room (old school)  with a huge pipe organ and pull down movie screen (old as well). At 5:00 pm you can have drinks and a interpreter plays the pipe organ and discloses the history of the Rosario. Amazing history.

QinReno said:
I don't know for sure, but I imagine there are fish in the Colorado River in Ehrenberg, just a few miles west of Quartzsite.

Q- Are you serious about the fish. Probably Brook Trout, then. If so, I'll bring a fly rod. I've been looking for a stowaway.

QinReno said:

And 1/2 now has plenty of refrigerator space humming right along to keep them during the day. So fish fries in the evenings. Sounds like RTR to me, :). All depends on how many fish Liv can catch. She better be good at it to feed the entire RTR. The mob heading for the fish fry...
The fridge will be full of Beef, Bacon and Veggies, so will the freezer. ohh and eggs.

There's no need to refrigerate fish. Catch and eat or catch and release. ;)

A fridge AND a freezer...impressive!

HalfShadows said:
Yes once you leave the mainland you can island hop for free on the ferry system until you return to the mainland. Stayed at the Rosario one evening, what a place. There is a huge entertainment room (old school)  with a huge pipe organ and pull down movie screen (old as well). At 5:00 pm you can have drinks and a interpreter plays the pipe organ and discloses the history of the Rosario. Amazing history.

That would be interesting. So I guess there are places to camp on each island - like Isle Royale in MI...?

I am going to leave SB Spartan as far as decor. Kinda reminds me of the Hawk inside. Because of my color Blindness and lack of art talent. I will leave it untouched til I get back to the PNW and have my daughter look at it. She designs space for a living. If I were to do something she would just roll her eyes and laugh and give me a thousand options. Then I will just say design something for me in mind. Then she will whip up a drawing with all the materials and the conception of what it will look like.

LivGolden said:
There's no need to refrigerate fish. Catch and eat or catch and release. ;)

A fridge AND a freezer...impressive!
The people at RTR will demand fish fry every night. Catch fish in the daytime, cook fish in the evening, show movies and tell stories at night. Your schedule is full, LOL.

HalfShadows said:
I am going to leave SB Spartan as far as decor. Kinda reminds me of the Hawk inside. Because of my color Blindness and lack of art talent. I will leave it untouched til I get back to the PNW and have my daughter look at it. She designs space for a living. If I were to do something she would just roll her eyes and laugh and give me a thousand options. Then I will just say design something for me in mind. Then she will whip up a drawing with all the materials and the conception of what it will look like.
I can see what the inside will look like already ....
- https://www.google.com/search?q=bunny+graffiti&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X

QinReno said:
The people at RTR will demand fish fry every night. Catch fish in the daytime, cook fish in the evening, show movies and tell stories at night. Your schedule is full, LOL.
Q your starting to sound like an event planner. Which new alias would you like? Barnum, Bailey or Ringling.

A guy sent me a link, cool video of the Columbia River area and scablands.
-

Yes, from DO popcorn to practically biblical proportions.

I don't know how my dance card got filled up, Q!

I kind of like the bunny motif but not all that- maybe a sticker on the outside or something.

Off topic (why not :))  does everyone have AT tires on their vehicles?

I hear you can paddle that stretch of the Colombian- though fierce.

QinReno said:
A guy sent me a link, cool video of the Columbia River area and scablands.
-

Wonderful video Q. The lake I live on in the foothills is remnant of glaciation. It is beautiful where I live. I found a most unusual rock when i was digging in the stream on my property. About five feet down. It is my therapy rock. I roll it tightly in my hands it polishes my hands to a sheen and massages as well.

HalfShadows said:
That is the outside Q. The inside will have a taco theme. I have a queen size goose down comforter that has Best Mexican Tacos on it.
I like comforters better than sleeping bags. Spent way to much time in sleeping bags.
I use sheets as normal, since I have a regular sized mattress, then the sleeping bag opened up flat over the top, rather than comforter or blankets. Works well. The sheets can be washed. I have a 2nd down bag for use over top in colder weather.

I found another interesting site, excellent video on glacial Lake Missoula.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hugefloods/videos

LivGolden said:
Yes, from DO popcorn to practically biblical proportions.

I don't know how my dance card got filled up, Q!

I kind of like the bunny motif but not all that- maybe a sticker on the outside or something.

Off topic (why not :))  does everyone have AT tires on their vehicles?

I hear you can paddle that stretch of the Colombian- though fierce.
AT tires are nice just for the extra little bit of traction in different environments. SB has road tires with aggressive tread design.