Finally got my van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to find a welder sometime when I am down south. I have some areas in the wheel wells that need cutout due too corrosion.

Besides the solar panels, the outside of the van appears to be in very good condition.

HDR has a welder, as I believe. When he's not panning for precious metals, he welds together various creative artforms out of scrap metal, covers them with rocks and dirt, and leaves then in remote places in the outback to be discovered by archaeologists 100 1000 years from now. Bet you didn't know that!

They'll be writing stories about "The Legend of High Desert Ranger".

QinReno said:
Besides the solar panels, the outside of the van appears to be in good condition.

HDR has a welder, as I believe. When he's not panning for precious metals, he welds together various creative artforms out of scrap metal, covers them with rocks and dirt, and leaves then in remote places in the outback to be discovered by archeologists 100 years from now. Bet you didn't know that!
Why 100 years?

Decided to take Snow Bunny down to the town and run errands to see if the suspension was better with the loaded weight.. OMG it is so much better. Another 600-900 lbs she will float like a dream. The freezer is loaded to the brim now. All that is left is to load my clothes and scoot.

HalfShadows said:
Decided to take Snow Bunny down to the town and run errands to see if the suspension was better with the loaded weight.. OMG it is so much better. Another 600-900 lbs she will float like a dream. The freezer is loaded to the brim now. All that is left is to load my clothes and scoot.

I hope you have a great adventure, 1/2!

Thursday AM is my launch. Have several conference calls to do tomorrow. Nothing short of a tragedy will stop my launch on Thursday . Torpedos be damned.

HalfShadows said:
Thursday AM is my launch. Have several conference calls to do tomorrow. Nothing short of a tragedy will stop my launch on Thursday . Torpedos be damned.

:D

Shut the door and start the engine.....

Hey 1/2, I found another CFS place for you on the other thread, :).

1/2 - I hope you post about the van build. 

My cabinet handles:
IMG_0145.JPG

Elk horn... :)

The Scamp is coming along. But that table still does not hold...?

Attachments

• IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    544.5 KB · Views: 9
Here's the problem with the table. It won't insert properly. The man who fixed it, moved the brackets so the table would lower precisely into the grooves below to make a bed frame. It appears the table leg might be too long but Scamp assures me it is the correct length. Could it be as simple as the flat tire on the passenger side?

IMG_0157.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
LivGolden  My cabinet handles:  Elk horn... :)
Very cool Liv, elk horn, a new idea.

door cabinet.jpg

I want my cabinets to show no hardware.

I'll put push openers on them, and this will be my "hand"le
hand.jpg

Attachments

• door cabinet.jpg
    door cabinet.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 5
  • hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 4
Liv, sorry been without cell reception. Yesterday I installed my cell we boost system and drove further in to get a signal. I would have to look at the function of your table to see how to fix it. Evidently your installer did not meet your needs.

It shouldn't be that hard to fix. (Emphasis on shouldn't)

Sure like your Elkhorn Pulls.

Today I am just chilling.

Good 1/2. We all need a chill.

Yea, I'm wondering if it's the flat. The Scamp is definitely on a lean...Maybe when I get that tire off and inflated. I'll keep posted. Have fun! Meet strangers! ;)

I don't go out of my way to meet people. I believe in happenstance. I meet my first stanger today. He was hiking with a walking stick. His path was coming over a small hill into my camp. He asked permission to pass through. Of course I obliged. We got to talking. Up until a week ago he was holding signs for money. His SS check came last week. A very humble man that worked hard all his life. When he parted, he said we will probably meet on the road someday and hiked off.

Max and Sophia - You know it did not occur to me but I need to keep my cabinets from flying open. I like your idea. Maybe I can do both. Thanks! 

I brought my old army mess kit with me . I am glad I did. It is stainless steel so worked great on the induction stove top. Tonight  am going to to cook a couple of small pizzas in it with the lid on. Maybe they will turn out crunchy. Yum. Solo pizza party at the wash. Tomorrow night will be Taco Bar :p

LivGolden said:
Here's the problem with the table. It won't insert properly. The man who fixed it, moved the brackets so the table would lower precisely into the grooves below to make a bed frame. It appears the table leg might be too long but Scamp assures me it is the correct length. Could it be as simple as the flat tire on the passenger side?
Liv, can you show me pictures of the table in table position and when in bed position? Full picture of the table.