Does This Tour Video Exist?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVRoadCrue

Reaction score
Hi all! Im new here but been watching folks on YouTube for about a year now, what I was wondering is this... Is there a tour video for Mr. Wells van? 
He is an inspiration and a wealth of knowledge (as everyone here knows far better than I of course lol) But I have not been able to find a video of his rig? I find tour videos so helpful for my future plans.

Anyway thanks everybody!!!  :cool:

I believe he keeps that part of his life private. There is one video I seen which showed part of it I believe. but someone else was filming him in an interview.
It is hard to imagine that you can't figure out what setup that you want without seeing one particular person's setup. You don't know what my van looks like either. I guess you are really in a bind.

firebob said:
clickbait?
Um no?
Truthfully I've not seen a tour video of Bob's van.
I'm new to the forums so maybe I just haven't stumbled on it yet?

Sorry if it was a silly question.
:(

DannyB1954 said:
I believe he keeps that part of his life private. There is one video I seen which showed part of it I believe. but someone else was filming him in an interview.

I can respect that.
From watching his rtr videos from this year he shares himself very generously to help others as it is. Good man

I've only seen one filmed in his van; ... and I think that one was only done there because it was raining outside

Ok guys, thank you for the replies! I can understand having a space for just himself. 
I just thought as he is the Godfather of van life it would be neat to see how his domain is.
But again respect for his privacy.
He is such a cool guy.
:)

Not that Bob isn't a good guy, but people were living in vehicles way before he came on the scene. The internet was not around and there was no such thing as a blog. Bob does a great service with this web site, but let's not go to worship status. This only puts more demands and expectations on him which can be a burden.

DannyB1954 said:
Not that Bob isn't a good guy, but people were living in vehicles way before he came on the scene. The internet was not around and there was no such thing as a blog. Bob does a great service with this web site, but let's not go to worship status. This only puts more demands and expectations on him which can be a burden.

Not what I intended. I was just trying to be grateful as he is a big piece of what opened my eyes to this lifestyle is all. His videos, this site. Its a kindness, sorry if my word choice puts unnecessary stress as that was not my intent. To be fair I discovered accidentally others on youtube first. Nomadic Fanatic, Justin Credible, Gone with the Wynns, Chris & G among others... I was only trying to recognize Mr. Wells efforts to contribute and help others.

I really appreciate your interest in seeing it, I appreciate it! A lot of people have asked but I have never done one. No good reason, there just isn;t anything to see. I never intended to live in the van, just take trips, so the only thing I did was leave in the 2 shelf units that came with it and build a bed. So there really is nothing to see.

However, I just bought a new to me van so I will do a complete build in it and I will Vlog the whole thing so you can see it. But, on the spectrum of form versus function I am totally on the function side so it will be very plain and simple, but I hope very practical. It will not be pretty in any way because I just don't care about that.

Stay tuned!

akrvbob said:
I really appreciate your interest in seeing it, I appreciate it! A lot of people have asked but I have never done one. No good reason, there just isn;t anything to see. I never intended to live in the van, just take trips, so the only thing I did was leave in the 2 shelf units that came with it and build a bed. So there really is nothing to see.

However, I just bought a new to me van so I will do a complete build in it and I will Vlog the whole thing so you can see it. But, on the spectrum of form versus function I am totally on the function side so it will be very plain and simple, but I hope very practical. It will not be pretty in any way because I just don't care about that.

Stay tuned!

I'm curious, what'd ya get for a next van?

akrvbob said:
2015 GMC Savanah 2500, 4.8 with 6-speed trans. 12,000 miles

Better update that sig line, Bob!  :D

akrvbob said:

Stay tuned!

Very cool and congrats on your new van!
Also thank you for taking the time to comment, I didnt want to bother you directly as I figure you are normally pretty busy. 
Looking forward to your build Vlog good sir!

Seeing other people's vans is nice for new ideas, but since you have to fit your van to your own uses, you may come up with ideas that WE need to see!