Dedicated to the dream, yet to be realized

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostnotlost

Reaction score
Greetings. I lived in an RV for a year a couple of years back. It was the best time of my life. I want nothing more than to do so again (though this time I am considering a truck + trailer, so I only have one engine to worry about and can have my living quarters separate in case the truck needs to be kept for repairs). 

Currently I'm staying with my dad in Miami, Florida. Any of you around? I would love to get together. 

I make websites so despite my seeming inability so get jobs doing so I am nevertheless hoping I can utilize that to make a living on the road. Worst comes to worst, I'll work on farms along the way, camp & get a job to save up to continue on, what have you. 

Also I DJ in my spare time, for myself and maybe one other person at a time. My taste in music is extremely diverse. 

Again to anyone in FL do hit me up, I would love to convene. I'm 25, female, whatever. Presently I'm driving for Lyft trying to save up some money, it's pretty much a bust, but I'm holding on to faith. 

Cheers.

Welcome lostnotlost to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

I'm in Alabama, and I can attest that it can be extremely hard to make that break.

You can check out Workampers, for one resource... and I think there are a few others as well. There's a growing number of the population being tapped for their mobility.

Funny, I just worked with a DJ on a project for a festival. He did his usual gig, and I came in with a quadcopter candy dropper I'd built. He'd play some appropriate music (Ride of the Valkyries or the Lone Ranger theme) while I flew around and made my drops. The kids loved it. While I didn't charge anything, I can see this being something one could hire out for... just gotta get the part 107 certificate to earn money with it. :)

Hey thanks guys.

Velojym, I'd forgotten about Workampers, that's definitely something I'm open to. Candy dropping drone sound a pretty great, sound idea, and thanks for the 107 tip. I've wanted to incorporate a drone into my travels as well because there seem to be so many uses for one... such as scoping out terrain prior to actually going there, and whatever else.

Happy to be here.

even getting farm jobs becomes a giant hassle...can you drive 1000 miles to work for 6 weeks? no vans, bring plenty of clothes cause its fucking cold, and oh yeah 12hr shifts 7 days a week. make sure you sign up 6 months in advance because we have so many applications we're turning people away.

sort of like "earn a $1000 a week with lyft!"

bardo said:
even getting farm jobs becomes a giant hassle...can you drive 1000 miles to work for 6 weeks? no vans, bring plenty of clothes cause its fucking cold, and oh yeah 12hr shifts 7 days a week. make sure you sign up 6 months in advance because we have so many applications we're turning people away.

sort of like "earn a $1000 a week with lyft!"

Yeah I know but something's gotta give.

Latest posts