Colorado gtg July?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, I think I'm actually going to be able to make it for a short bit, but not till next weekend. I'll head up sometime Friday and head back on Sunday. I hope you all ar still there. I'd love to reconnect with some and meet many that I only know through the forum right now.

back on topic:

I'm planning on attending the Colorado event this coming weekend, arriving friday late afternoon or early evening and staying thru sunday afternoon. should be fun!

how are the mosquitos out there? I've not seen any since I arrived in Colorado, but I remember years ago almost eaten alive in the mountains.

I had the propane fire pit out last night with everyone around it. We saw some but it was not terrible.

Thanks Bob. Leave to me to stick my leg out and find a caveat lol. I might be able to swing by the gtg area to meet some of you who are still there. It might be after they release me from my surgery and absolutely will depend on what the doctors say and how I feel. I hope everyone is having fun and meeting with new and interesting people.

May be headed that way on tuesday afternoon if anyone is still around!
e

pnolans said:
As I remember, if you come out 24, West out of Co Springs, you turn right about a mile past the town of Lake George.  77 north from there to Tarryall Reservoir is paved , but REALLY bumpy.  Also, drive the speed limit, as there are cows on the road. 

It's been a few years since I was on CR77.  It is now paved, very nicely so.  So disregard the above comment about the bumpy road.

NOT strictly on-topic, but: 

On the drive back yesterday from the GTG, I passed a LOT of dispersed camping sites that looked pretty decent to me.  Not QUITE as nice as where Jim suggested farther north.  It has a lot of nice shady open spaces and was not at all busy.  I was still on Park County 77, almost to US 24 ... 

Here's a pointer from freecampsites.net :

https://freecampsites.net/#!14929&query=sitedetails

Hope this helps someone:

Pat

surfmore72 said:
May be headed that way on tuesday afternoon if anyone is still around!
e

There are still a number of people up here to meet. I head into Denver today to take care of some business but will return later in the day. I am in this spot fro another week or so.

Pat

It was great seeing you buddy. Thanks for making the trip up and I look forward to seeing the next rendition of the trailer. The South park rangers district has loads of disburse camping and is huge. It is just the tip of the ice burg here in Colorado.

jimindenver said:
There are still a number of people up here to meet. I head into Denver today to take care of some business but will return later in the day. I am in this spot fro another week or so.

Spent some more time in/ around Rocky Mountain NP then planned.  Hope to be at gtg by the weekend.  Cheers 
e

Don't know if there is anyone left at the gtg but I should be there late tonight. I should stay here and heal up but the lack of thought has driven me away.

Not only are there people here, more showed up tonight. MP, swankywheels and 7wheels are here. I hear Pat may be returning and now the boss is gonna show up. Should I tell them to shape up or is this a surprise inspection? lol

jimindenver said:
Not only are there people here, more showed up tonight. MP, swankywheels and 7wheels are here. I hear Pat may be returning and now the boss is gonna show up. Should I tell them to shape up or is this a surprise inspection? lol

Lol I'm just a refugee from the burn ward I know nothing. Well, except I won't be there till around 5:00 a.m. so don't expect much out of me on Saturday morning.

Crave said:
Lol I'm just a refugee from the burn ward I know nothing. Well, except I won't be there till around 5:00 a.m. so don't expect much out of me on Saturday morning.

Jim is 
1.  One of the best guys I know
2.  Full of beans and blarney

I may actually head out during the week to look at a rescue dog in Pagosa Springs ... 
Does he look like anyone you know?   :D   Opposite eye from Lacy
Pciture of Hank.jpg

Attachments

• Pciture of Hank.jpg
    Pciture of Hank.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3
I can not find where you all are at. I had to turn around to get gas. Could someone post some accurate GPS coordinates please.

Crave

Where are you at now? I show my gps as

lon 105* 43' 20" w

lat 39* 19' 0" n

I sent him a PM with my number. I could meet him at the turn off.

Latest posts