Colorado gtg July?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job Lora, for excellent directions. There are other people on the way including me that needed that.

Lora said:
The closest town is Jefferson, Colorado off Interstate 285. After you get into town take Taryall Road/County Road 77 (road only goes one direction) 8.1 miles to the Southeast and then turn left at Rock Creek Hill Road. After passing the cattle grate go 1 mile and then turn left down a little road that leads to a big area that we are camped at. There are three of us here so far. Crave - I hope you don't mind us picking a camp area.

Not at all, as due to my burn I cannot stay with you all. I'm still hoping I can pop by for a bit and meet everyone.

jimindenver said:
The spot near observation rock is correct or near. I am not there yet though.

Any chance you'd be willing to post when you get there?  I'm only about a 3  hour drive from there.  I will definitely come by and camp for at least one night.  

Pat

I'm hoping to come up tomorrow or Sunday.  If you see this rig wandering around looking lost, feel free to throw something at me.  

Or not. 
:D 

Pat

my rig 20170707.jpg

Attachments

• my rig 20170707.jpg
    my rig 20170707.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the info. Before arriving, where is the nearest place to get groceries & water?

On my way. May arrive late today or tomorrow. BTW, if u r passing thru Vernal UT, the Jade Lion has excellent Chinese food.

VanForNow said:
Thanks for the info. Before arriving, where is the nearest place to get groceries & water?

On my way. May arrive late today or tomorrow. BTW, if u r passing thru Vernal UT, the Jade Lion has excellent Chinese food.

The closest place is the town of Jefferson.  Which is about 10 stores.  The BEST place is likely wherever you are.   :D

Depending on how you come, you'll pass through either Fairplay, Bailey or Woodland Park.  They are better, I believe.

Hi Everybody! Sorry we had to miss this one!

We are safely back in Tennessee now. Our family duties and needing to refill scripts kept us away...

We did however get to meet Seven in Lakewood,, and on the way home as we were making a pitt stop
in Dickson, Tn, I heard a familiar voice talking with the cashier. I thought no way...

So I paid for my goodies and walked after him. Sure enough, it was the "BackRoads Vanner" How cool was that.
We chatted for about an hour and we even offered him a driveway spot for the night. He was on his way up to a gathering in
Indiana or somewhere north,, but he thought it would be cool to crash on the way back to Texas...

Again, Sorry we missed you all!!!

I am getting ready to leave Raton pass, N.M now. I should be there today.

jimindenver said:
I am getting ready to leave Raton pass, N.M now. I should be there today.

I'm in a sea of mud here.... it will delay me some.  

Had some heavy t'storms and rain last night.

The store in Jefferson has very high prices and no water except bottled.

pnolans said:
I'm in a sea of mud here.... it will delay me some.  

Had some heavy t'storms and rain last night.

I am shopping in Colorado springs and it is raining like all get out. Colorado, the land of the afternoon storm and the reason I own a big trailer.

galladanb said:
Hi Everybody! Sorry we had to miss this one!

We are safely back in Tennessee now. Our family duties and needing to refill scripts kept us away...

We did however get to meet Seven in Lakewood,, and on the way home as we were making a pitt stop
in Dickson, Tn, I heard a familiar voice talking with the cashier. I thought no way...

So I paid for my goodies and walked after him. Sure enough, it was the "BackRoads Vanner" How cool was that.
We chatted for about an hour and we even offered him a driveway spot for the night. He was on his way up to a gathering in
Indiana or somewhere north,, but he thought it would be cool to crash on the way back to Texas...

Again, Sorry we missed you all!!!

it was great meeting both of you in Lakewood. happy to hear you had a safe journey home

I'm planning on coming out next weekend. I'm a bit concerned as my van is quite a bit larger than most others, coming in at 26ft long, 8ft wide and 11ft tall with stiff suspension. can anyone there give me an idea if I'll be able to navigate the road into the site? hows the clearance for trees and are there any steep curves? here is a pic

FAQTN.jpg

I have been bringing the travel trailer up here for 6 years and have seen 5th wheels much larger than you step van.

jimindenver said:
I am at the site and set up.

I'm heading up today for a day or two.  I can bring anything if anyone would like me to.  I won't be going by any Wally worlds (I don't think) , but I might.  

So, let me know.  

Pat

Hmmm Lets see...

Cute, young, skinny, about so tall.....oh wait, wrong forum :s