Bluetti AC300+B300

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLB_SA

Reaction score
I bought the Bluetti AC300+B300 combination on Amazon Prime Day (July 11, 2023) after watching Bob Well's videos Choosing the Right Power Station for Van Life! and Cheap Deals on Power Stations During Amazon Prime Sale Days July 11-12, 2023 among other videos. I got a great deal and everything tests fine so far. The instructions say to avoid vibrations, especially when using the AC300+B300 combination. For example, the AC300 instructions say "DO NOT move the unit while operating as vibrations and sudden impacts may lead to poor connections to the hardware inside." Of course, connections can come loose whether or not the system is in use. How rugged and durable are the AC300 and B300? Could one drive in a car, van, RV, etc. using the AC300+B300 to power a fridge, mobile StarLink, etc. without (much) risk of damage to the Bluetti system? Couls one drive on poorly maintained (forest service) roads with little risk? (Having to return the combination to Bluetti for repair would be a major pain.)

AC200? I can't find an AC2000. AC200P or AC200MAX?

Bluetti builds a portable power pack that can fall apart during movement.

Hmmm.

I should think you could set it up on a movement dampening surface such as the black floor matting sold at Harbor Freight to put in front of workbenches. It will also provide a small amount of insulation from a cold floor in winter. Then stage two of getting it stable for travel is to strap or block it in place to reduce movement but done in such a way that air flow around the unit is not impeded.

Where there is a will there is often a way. You just have to think it through for stabilizing while at the same time not creating a new potential issue that can cause harm.

That's probably the Bluetti legal team's fault. Someone may have had a short or other failure when the thing fell over in a moving vehicle and it fell on the side where the connectors plug in and damaged that fitting.

Normal vehicle movement should be fine, one would assume.

A couple of bungees or straps holding it in place would probably do the trick.

I'm actually asking about testing data or summaries of ruggedness tests on the Bluetti pairs (AC300+B300). What percentage of these pairs failed or had reduced performance because of "vibrations and sudden impacts"? My hope is 0% under reasonable vibrations; I would expect that dropping the pair five feet (or even one foot) might cause damage but I would not blame Bluetti for the carelessness which caused the drop. I would expect that a secured pair would survive a trip down rough forest service roads without damage and that testing this would not require an extensive test facility. What happens to the Bluetti if I am driving to Fern Canyon and my vehicle bottoms out on the road there (as I have personally experienced)?

The problems mentioned in the video do not concern me TOO MUCH although I intend to power my cpap machine with it and a power cutoff would be an issue. I'm not British and so the kettle problem is of no concern; I do not intend to power anything using my AC300/B300 which exceeds its standard output. The low voltage warning is interesting. I will certainly try to investigate these issues and thank you for bringing this video to our attention.

The discussion here is valuable. Bluetti employees answer some questions. We will test the Bluetti repeatedly before depending on it.

I checked out his channel and they reviewed a different power station that they liked. Is this a good deal?

AFERIY 2001A Portable Power Station 2000W 1997Wh for $898.00​

It is on sale now at 40% off: https://www.aferiy.com/products/aferiy-2001a-portable-power-station-2000w-1997wh
That looks like a good deal for LiFePo4 battery... not a huge max for solar input at only 400W but not a bad price-per-watt. If that's their regular price I'd look for some independent reviews on them because I think the price just seems almost too good to believe.

I checked out his channel and they reviewed a different power station that they liked. Is this a good deal?

AFERIY 2001A Portable Power Station 2000W 1997Wh for $898.00​

It is on sale now at 40% off: https://www.aferiy.com/products/aferiy-2001a-portable-power-station-2000w-1997wh
If you are a Prime member and do the $400 discount it's $873. https://www.amazon.com/AFERIY-Portable-Generator-2001A-Emergency/dp/B0B1MHW948?th=1

It is a hell of a deal. Note that it weighs 50 lb, if that matters to you.