Clothing Optional Locations?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This thread is merely for people to list places they have found where no one is gonna freak out if they see you naked.

PLEASE: Do not used this thread to discuss the merits of nudity or your opinions thereof. We do not need you to remind us that we shouldn't go wandering around naked where people fully expect you to be wearing clothes. I do not need to know that you wouldn't feel comfortable being naked or being around naked people. If that is the case, then simply use this list to know what places to avoid.

DO NOT discuss who you would or would not like to see naked. If you do, you will be reported for sexual harassment.

Please just list locations and any specific rules you may know about for that location. Try to give GPS coordinates.

Possibly, discuss general laws for states... But we don't need everyone and their brother repeating over and over that "you could get a ticket" in Arizona or wherever. Yes, but if there is a spot where not even the police give a damn, then please list that.

Let's see if people can be adults...

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

The magic circle at La Posa South LTVA in Quartzsite. I think they have almost a square mile carved out for themselves. They have a big meeting hall set up and understand they have meetings, dances, etc. we could hear them partying one night all the way from YARC camp. I guarantee they had a big shindig.

From the gate going in La Posa South go about 2 miles until you see their sign on the right. It say “The Magic Circle” clothing optional.

I've been at several clothing optional hot springs around the west. They're usually out on public land.

Besides that, I figure anywhere there are no neighbors in sight is clothing optional.

Concrete hot springs.5 miles north of Concrete,Wa.Norris Hot Springs,Norris Mt.

Cammalu said:
The magic circle at La Posa South LTVA in Quartzsite. 

Thanks, Cammalu. 

Is it very crowded much of the time? I'm not necessarily looking to hang out with a bunch of other naked people. Mostly, I just want to be naked if I want to and not get in trouble or freak anyone out.

Is the landscape there (in the Magic Circle area) very pretty or interesting? Or is it just flat desert all over?

the Magic Circle ara looks just like the area RTR was held at last year. it is approximately 10 miles south, mas o menos. highdesertranger

0dcc0886068612b64530abee1317d1a0.jpg

You won’t miss the sign. It’s not really crowded. You can go as far as you want from the other campers; the desert is huge.

The sunrises and sunsets are great and there are many saguaros all over the place.

It was a bit cold last year but there were still some days that they were out and about. Quite a few seem to have bicycles and we do get the occasional hikers and bikers wander off a bit from their area and walk past YARC Camp.

Last year a loud noise was heard near our Camp and looking over to the noise was a nekkid guy operating a chop saw and cutting steel. He ain’t right...

Many years ago outside of Lompoc California they used to have a clothing optional beach. Terrible life threatening cold water undertow caused several deaths that I believe they closed it to swimming, but people may still use it.

highdesertranger said:
I agree operating a chop saw and being naked ain't right.  highdesertranger

also don't fry bacon nekked!  it hurts :)

I used to have a picture of an old hippy that lived in Florida that went barefoot all the time that built dune buggies in a junkyard/body shop where he used a panel cutter that threw off strip curls of 1/8' wide metal that would get stuck in the calluses on his feet which he didn't seem to notice unless he caught them on something. He would have been a perfect prospect for the Y.A.R.C. club!

I have found a few directories to clothing-optional locations. I am going to be brave and provide links. WARNING: Some of these sites have pictures of actual naked people in their home pages.

NakedPlaces.net: This one is interesting in that you download a .KML file to import into Google Earth. That can then show you the route to the location, with detailed directions. 

http://swimmingholes.org/ : Lists all kinds of swimming holes, but indicates if they are clothing optional.

https://www.iswimnu.de/nudist-naturist-clothing-optional/ : This one has an interactive map and they have a .KML file to download and import into Google Earth.

Subscribed
Thank you for the thread. While I agree with Mr. Noodly about the freedom of nudity in solitude I like the idea of designated areas.

I have this book I found in a used book store that list the best "skinny dippin" water holes state by state.   Not much listed for where I live though.

The Olympic hot springs in Washington State, a series of shallow pools in a natural state. Well natural meaning it is not part of the Sol Duc Hot springs resort. But over the years people have increased the size of the pools by piling rocks up around them. It is part of the Olympic National Park, they know there is frequent nudity and don't condone but are realistic about that is will be happening despite that official statement. I have not heard tales of the rangers hassling people about it but I am not a regular there.

At present the parking at the trailhead is washed out. That will make it more difficult to get there.
Here is a website with a photo and descriptions of the hike in to get there.
https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/olympic-hot-springs

Latest posts