Cant stop watching this Youtube Chanel. How can I help others and learn ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay-nomad

Reaction score
Hi, 

I am new to watching cheap RV living and honestly cannot get enough of it. It has become my favorite youtube chanel. I have no necessity to live into a van but I am so attracted to the idea of minimalist living and spending time among nature. 

I am an engineer by trade (Information technology) but have skills in electrical and mechanical engineering also. I believe I may have some skills that I can offer to the community and learn from other more experienced people. How do I ease myself into the community so I can get started on my path of transforming my life ?

Currently, I am in the process of building a teardrop style trailer from almost scratch. It would be awesome to get to know you all. I am indian by ethnicity so I know I will be shamed by my family and friends but i want to chose to live for myself and not for the approval of others. I am tired of the corporate 9-5 life... I want to only work to live and not live to work.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Jay! We love to follow along on builds so, if you have time, start a build thread in the Modification section. Posting on the forums is a good way to ease into the community. Hope you can come to the RTR in January!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I wish the greatest and best life for you, on your own terms. I recommend doing what I do until I can retire: start by taking weekend trips or plan your vacation time to see what you want to see. Let the adventure begin!

Welcome to the forum, Jay! Yes, people who choose a different way of living are often criticized. An antidote to this can be found in Henry Thoreau's "Walden." (BTW, reading Thoreau was one of the influences which led Gandhi to choose a different path in life.)

As an introduction, you might want to seek quotations from Thoreau in https://goodreads.com

I like the small trailers....man I would love to see yours. Keep us posted please on your progress.