Can Vandwellers be considered homeless?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That jacuzzi thing might work if you have the space for it......but what do you tell her when it's time to poop in the bucket ? ;)

Yeah, tricking women into climbing into your van is probably not the way to go.
Shades of Ted Bundy.

What ever happened to the term 'drifter'? That used to be the go-to term whenever a homeless guy was accused of a crime. As a kid I thought that to be a 'drifter' would be the coolest thing one could be .

One of the newspapers I subscribe to online is the LA Times. They have been doing a few articles about making car or van dwelling illegal and enforcing it while not putting any emphasis on folks sleeping in the street.

Maybe my moral compass is off but it seems to me that this is a backwards way to fix things.

My parents were full time RVers for 5+ years. They had a great time. Also had a good military pension. I see full time in an RV, Van, Car as an opportunity to travel. And do it as inexpensively as needed. My siblings will not bat an eye when I hit the road.

I was living on a boat in the San Francisco Bay Area when the Federal Census came through. I was considered a financially advantaged homeless person. You could be living on a high dollar yacht, and be considered homeless.

I'm helping my older brother (a millionaire) build his retirement house in Alaska right now. He is embarrassed that I live in my van and tells me not to tell anyone up here. He always introduces me to friends as being retired and a snowbird. Lol

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Iggy said:
I'm helping my older brother (a millionaire) build his retirement house in Alaska right now. He is embarrassed that I live in my van and tells me not to tell anyone up here. He always introduces me to friends as being retired and a snowbird. Lol

But then you've probably been an embarrassment to him for most of your life for one reason or another..... :D

I'm not an embarrassment to my brothers, one just doesn't understand - he likes his 2 homes, one here, one there set up. The other one just disapproves of just about everything I've ever done in my life...nothing new... :rolleyes:

Most of my family is embarrassed and think I am cursed because I left their religion. Lol