BobBski 2016

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:p Crossed the Mackinaw Bridge into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan today.  This picture was taken from the UP side.  I lived in the UP for several years as a kid...think that's what gave me an appreciation for the outdoors.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 20
Stopped by Kinross Lake where I used to fish, catching northern pike, 51 years ago.
I sat right on that piers predecessor using live perch for bait.  Life is good.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 12
Also drove down an old state forest road, SF Road 5117, good boondocking, but need good clearance and you will brush your roof in light branches.  Only way to turn around is leave the road into any small growth you can find.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 12
I questioned this bridge but it was fine.  Life is good.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 16
At the end of each month I hope to publish a slideshow of photos for that month and publish to my Facebook and YouTube Channels for safekeeping so I can delete from my phone or iPad.  Here's September 2016.  By the way, none of my channels are monetized, purely personal to share with family and friends. 

BobBski said:
I'll break out the tape tomorrow and measure.  I filled in the low portions on the floor wit insulation to make the floor all even.  I used Fords thin but very strong/durable cargo floor protection.  I was concerned about not being able to stand.  But, at 5'8" I can stand fully erect with 3.5" to spare to the bottom portion of the ceiling cross members.  I don't plan on being anywhere where temps are extreme one way or another.  I've been very comfortable in 90 F degrees with window cracked 1" and Fantastic fan on low/suck.  Really creates a breeze.  Have also been very comfortable on nights down to 40 F.  No heater while sleeping but warm up before sleep and when wake up.

Excellent. Thank you!

Lower Tahquamenon Falls in Paradice Mi.  Located in Upper Peninsula fairly close to Lake Superior.

Short 23 second video. 
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 19
52 and raining...I love my Mr Heater :)
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 18
BobBski said:
52 and raining...I love my Mr Heater :)

53 and dropping here.  Supposed to get down to 33 tonight.   My buddy is working the evening shift also.

Howiet said:
53 and dropping here.  Supposed to get down to 33 tonight.   My buddy is working the evening shift also.

No 33 here, just the high 40's.  All the best.

The girls didn't want to get up today
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Trout Bay on Lake Superior vicinity Munising Michigan
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 17
With the help of some locals, I found my way into a fishing spot go mine back in the late 50's and early 60's.  Notice the trail, you just hope no one is coming from the other direction
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 12
Little Trout Lake, Gwinn Mi.. Upper Peninsula.  Just as I remember it, caught many trout and suckers here...over 50 years ago.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 15
Parked at a little Mom/Pop Truckstop for the night in Pestigo Wi.  Just before leaving Michigan, I parked for a bit in Menomonee, at a city park, and enjoyed the view of Lake Michigan.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 15
Guess where I'm at today :)
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 19
In case the name can't be read... :)
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 14
Nice! Planning on staying a bit, or just rolling through?